August 3, 2011

31 Days of ME! Day 1 & 2

I found this fun blog party today at A Daily Dose of Toni and thought it was a wonderful way to reintroduce myself to blogging. Help get me back into the habit!

Technically, I'm a day behind.... but it's ok :)

DAY 2: Favorite Movie.

Well... that's tricky. I have lots of 'favorites.'

There's my John Wayne movies - where McLintock! and The Quiet Man tie. What can I say? I LOVE the Duke. And Maureen O'Hara.

The Quiet Man Poster


My list of Doris Day favorites is long - but Calamity Jane, Pillow Talk and That Touch of Mink take the top 3 places.

That Touch of Mink Poster


{but don't forget Young at Heart with Frank Sinatra. Such a melancholy movie filled with soulful, swoony songs from Mr. Blue Eyes.}

There are those guilty pleasure movies & fun chick flicks-- Dirty Dancing, While You Were Sleeping, Blast from the Past, Love Actually, Sleepless in Seattle and The Holiday.

The Holiday Poster


The runner-up to my all time favorite movie is An Affair to Remember. Oh my goodness, my hearts swoons. The charm oozes from Cary Grant; beauty from Deborah Kerr - and I cry nearly every. single. time.

An Affair to Remember Poster


But when I narrow it all the way down... ROMAN HOLIDAY is by far my all-time favorite movie.

Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck are amazing - a touching, funny, romantically bitter-sweet movie that stands the test of time. This is Audrey Hepburns first major role & she shines - beauty, fashion, the hair - perfection.

Roman Holiday Poster



{Honorable mention given to: Harry Potter movies, Disney, Pixar ( Up! & Monsters,Inc. especially), and Last of the Mohicans.}


DAY 1: Favorite Song

Goodness - these don't seem like hard questions! But....

My favorite song changes constantly, but I can give you two favorite.

You Are My Sunshine is pretty special because I sing it to my son.

The Luckiest by Ben Folds was my wedding song; it's also very dear to me.




Keep checking for more tidbits about me! Please visit A Daily Dose of Toni and consider joining in - let's get better acquainted!


post signature

5 comments:

Our Treasured Home said...

You have good taste must have gotten it from your Mom! You are My sunshine is also one of my favorite songs. I sang it to all three of my children.

Farrah @ Notes From Two Sisters said...

I LOVE the classics. Especially on a day I can chill in my pjs curled up with a blanket for hours.

We've posted our choices here: http://farrah.tbfreviews.net/2011/08/30-days-of-me-sing-dance-or-woo-us/

Becca said...

Love Actually is a fantastic movie. And Ben Folds is an amazing musician! :)

Carissa said...

Love all your choices! I also love that one of us came fashionably late to the party :) Welcome!

Toni said...

Love your guilty pleasure movies they are some of my faves too :)