May 23, 2011

This Week's Cravings: Salads

It's time for some refreshing salads this week - please link up your traditional, your out of the ordinary, your salad dressings; link it up people!


Me? It's remember from my archives this week. My kitchen is still packed :( and my camera broke last week! Hopefully, my kitchen will become organized and I'll purchase a new camera soon - but until then, I will be pulling from my archives and saved recipes. My apologies!


So, this is just a friendly reminder of some tasty non-traditional 'salads' I've posted. Family favorites and quite tasty if I might say so myself!


Black Eye Pea salad


This one is your BBQ's best friend.



Pea Salad


Ok, so it's a vegetable and has mayo - - but we still call it a 'salad!' Another great BBQ or potluck addition, just remember to keep it cold!





~~~


Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:


This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future. Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party, so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS! Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipes in the comments for others to see.


This Week's Schedule:


May 2 - Cinco de Mayo!


May 9 - Mother's Day Brunch


May 16 - Hamburger


May 23 - Summer Salads


May 30 - Memorial Day BBQ!


June 6 - Fun and Exciting summer recipes


June 13 - Dad's favorites for Father's Day!


June 20 - 30 Minutes Meals


June 27 - Picnic recipes


Be sure to visit our other hosts: Delightful Country Cookin' and Mom's Crazy Cooking!




Post and share our button please:






post signature






3 comments:

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I have yet to try the pea salad (although i don't like cold peas... I really really wanna try this salad) :-)

And our linky party is going WONDERFUL!

Lynn said...

I've seen many recipes for pea salad in church cookbooks, but have never been brave enough to try one. (Don't know why I'm scared of them when I'm perfectly happy to make a carrot salad that uses canned tomato soup!)

NC Sue said...

Thank you for hosting. I’m a follower, and this hop is found on a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also just started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
I hope you’ll visit me soon. I follow back!
NCSue