Yesterday was Mother's Day ~ I hope all my wonderful, Mommy blogger friends had a fabulous day yesterday.
Today at This Week's Cravings, we are sharing our Mother's Day brunch recipes - brunch covers a wide range: breakfast, light lunch options, salads, beverages... What did you have on Mother's Day?
My recipe today isn't exactly what I had yesterday, but it's my idea of a wonderful brunch dish. :) I love smoked salmon, capers, red onions, bagels, yum yum yum. This dish is an easy way to serve salmon and all the fixings.
- 1 can pink salmon
- 1 egg
- 2 Tb sour cream or unflavored yogurt
- 1 Tb dill
- salt and pepper
- Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- Drain salmon. Flake and add to egg. Add remaining ingredients.
- This is very wet, kinda thin. You could add 1-2 Tb flour if you like, but I was trying to stay gluten-free.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a lightly greased baking pan. It will spread out quite a bit, but that's ok! Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes; check at 4-5 minutes and flip.
- Serve with thinly sliced red onion, capers, tomato slices, bread or bagels, cream cheese or this yummy, simple dip....
Dill Yogurt Dip
- 1 Tb dill
- 1/8 cup unflavored yogurt, greek would be fantastic
- pinch salt & pepper
- Combine and chill until ready to serve.
Lay out the patties and garnishes on a large platter and let guests stack their own!
Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:
This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.
Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others., And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS! Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.
This Week's Cravings Schedule:
May 2 - Cinco de Mayo!
May 9 - Mother's Day Brunch
May 16 - Hamburger
May 23 - Summer Salads
May 30 - Memorial day BBQ!
June 6 - Fun & exciting summer recipes
June 13 - Dad's favorites for Father's Day!
June 20 - 30 Minute Meals
June 27 - Picnic recipes
Post and share our button please: