My hub loves to cook - he likes unique flavors, different ingredients and even brought his own cookbooks into the relationship. So when I mentioned this week's challenge he was excited! He tossed around ideas for a while before finding a meat sale - lamb.
We like lamb - a few birthdays back he made me Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta stuffed Lamb Chops. Oh yes. They were tasty.
So here's the meal my hubby cooked - He even took all his own pictures.
Grilled Lamb with Mint Couscous
- Lamb ribs - 2 slabs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Using a mortar and pestle crush rosemary - your kitchen will smell amazing. Add remaining spices and give it a quick crush. Stir into brown sugar.
- Tenderize the meat - whether you use a spike mallet, or this little rolly thing we own.
- Lay one slab onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Rub 1/2 half seasonings mixture onto the lamb. Rub other slab with remaining mixture. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day (at least 8 hours.)
- Hubs used a broiler pan on our gas grill (set to med-high heat) to keep the meat from scorching. Whether using a pan or placing directly on the heat source; place ribs rub side up first. Grill 15-20 minutes, or until medium-pink in the center.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- 10 oz. dry couscous
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp dry mint
- Drizzle a couple tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic, caramelize.
- Pour in liquids and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add couscous stirring gently. Lower heat and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, and add mint. If using fresh, rough chop the mint to release it's natural oils.
This combo was wonderful! The lamb was tender and juicy with a slight sweetness. We loved the couscous; the mint was very refreshing.
Melt in your Mouth Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge, Sweet Tooth Friday,
Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:
This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.
Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS!Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.
This Week's Cravings Schedule:
March 7 - A candlelight dinner - Favorite Romantic Recipes
March 14 - Bake for me, I'm Irish!
March 21 - Chocolate. 'Nuff said....
March 28 - Surprise! There's ___ in your food! Share recipes with surprise and secret ingredients.
April 4 - Switch it! Spouse in the kitchen day
April 11 - Your incredible, edible EGG recipes!
April 18 - Easter sweet & treats
Post & share our button please: