Spring is in the air! And it's Easter sweets & treats today at This Week's Cravings - Yum...
I developed this recipe in high school; I was in a Culinary Program at the local Vo-Tech and loved working with desserts. It's a sweet biscuit with soft chunks of white chocolate and the perfect compliment to fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
White Chocolate Shortcake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tb baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tb sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter till dough is a fine, sand-like texture
- Slowly stir in milk - dough will be sticky! Add almond extract.
- Next add chocolate chips; get your hands dirty and knead in the chips.
- Drop in heaping spoonfuls on a baking sheet. See my picture? And the greased cookie sheet? Yeah - bad idea. Best to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper first.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- Dough can be made 1-2 days in advance.
- Bake shortcake 1-2 days in advance and store in an airtight container.
- Add almond slivers to the dough, or sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
- A little lemon zest or juice adds a nice 'fresh' taste to the shortcakes.
Melt in your Mouth Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge, Sweet Tooth Friday,
Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:
This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.
Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS!Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.
This Week's Cravings Schedule:
April 4 - Switch it! Spouse in the kitchen day
April 11 - Your incredible, edible EGG recipes!
April 18 - Easter sweet & treats
April 25 - Favorite Easter Dinner recipes
May 2 - Cinco de Mayo!
May 9 - Mother's Day Brunch
May 16 - Hamburger
May 23 - Summer Salads
May 30 - Memorial Day BBQ!
Post & share our button please: