I love chicken parmesan, eggplant parmesan, just parmesan in general. So does Hubs - so this recipe is perfect for us. We love the flavor & the easy cleanup!
One Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken chunks
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tb dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
The recipe is very flexible, adjust to fit your desired meal size.
- Remember my post about chicken thighs? They work perfectly in this recipe - I deboned and chunked two large chicken thighs.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl; set aside. Pour 1 cup panko crumbs, parsley and a pinch salt and pepper into another small bowl. Coat chicken chunks in egg, then dredge in panko. Cook in 2 Tb olive oil in a medium sized, cast iron skillet till brown on all sides. Remove chunks to a plate.
- Once all chicken chunks are browned, wipe skillet with a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Pour 2 cups marinara sauce - we used my Spicy Spaghetti Sauce - in skillet. We also added a few tablespoons of alfredo sauce; it makes the sauce a little richer and less acidic.
- Place chicken chunks in sauce, then lightly sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until warm and chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve over pasta.
The simplicity of this recipe is what makes it so wonderful. I keep spaghetti sauce and sometimes chunked chicken (in separate containers of course!) in the freezer. Put them in the fridge in the morning to thaw, then dinner time is a quick, cook, bake, and boil - add a side salad and it's set for a family dinner or company!