It's Surprise and Secret Ingredients week!
- Add pureed carrots to spaghetti sauce. They can thicken the sauce and add a little sweetness.
- My sister will add finely chopped chickpeas to chocolate chip cookies. Can't tell!
- Cauliflower in mashed potatoes.
- Spinach in smoothies.
- Pureed black beans or sweet potatoes in brownies..
Today though I'm working on some mac'n'cheese! I love making mac'n'cheese from scratch- so rich and creamy! And not so healthy! When trying to make a healthier version I discovered a few things:
- You can switch to healthier pasta.
- You can't change that sauce. Bleh. Keep it real!
- Use low-fat cheese - still works!
- Cheese hides veggies. Fo'sho'.
So here are some great secret mac'n'cheese stir ins!
- Use all cheddar cheese and add pureed sweet potatoes, carrots or even pumpkin to the sauce.
- Use all white cheeses and add chopped cauliflower.
Click here for my Mac'n'Cheese recipe!
Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:
This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.
Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS!Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.
This Week's Cravings Schedule:
March 7 - A candlelight dinner - Favorite Romantic Recipes
March 14 - Bake for me, I'm Irish!
March 21 - Chocolate. 'Nuff said....
March 28 - Surprise! There's ___ in your food! Share recipes with surprise and secret ingredients.
April 4 - Switch it! Spouse in the kitchen day
April 11 - Your incredible, edible EGG recipes!
April 18 - Easter sweet & treats
Post & share our button please: