March 14, 2011

This Week's Cravings: St. Patty's Green!


Welcome to This Week's Cravings - we are sharing the green today! I still really like my title of "Bake for Me, I'm IRISH!" I'm actually not Irish, but I do appreciate the holiday. {And I love it when people bake for me.} Currently, my kitchen is fully stocked with potatoes, cabbages, bangers and the making for some tasty bread pudding - we are ready for Thursday!

Do you have St. Patty's traditions? Do you make something a little 'greener' for the holiday? Well, please share - it's all about the 'green' today at This Week's Cravings!

Not long ago I discovered Skinny Taste. It was love at first site, uh sight - the Skinny is where it's at! Amazing blog :) This next recipe was an immediate print and plan. I knew I wanted them. And I knew I wanted them green. Oh, and liquor. The following is my adapted recipe, the original is here (Black & White Chocolate Clouds.)




Bailey's Clouds

  • 3 large egg whites (room temp)
  • 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 Tb Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 1 shot Bailey's
  • green food coloring

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.

You can use a blender - but my baby was asleep & I needed a workout, so I whisked it!


  1. Add sugar a little at a time, continuously whisking. Add vanilla.

    Keep beating until you get stiff peaks and it's glossy. At some point in this stage my forearms rebelled and refused to let me whisk, so I switch to the mixer for just a moment. Add food coloring until you reach desired green.



  2. Fold in chocolate chips and 2 Tb Baileys. Drink the shot.


  3. Drop batter by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. (Mine are a little bigger!)


  4. Bake 35-45 minutes or just until dry. Let cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.

  5. Store clouds remaining from your initial gorging while standing over the oven, in an airtight container at room temperature.

PRINTABLE RECIPE.

I swear Hubs ate 6 immediately. Which when you look at the nutritional info Skinny Taste provides, that isn't a completely horrible thing. Her clouds are 55.6 calories and only 1 Weight Watchers point. Mine will be a little more since I use milk chocolate and liquor - but even so.... Hubs and I agreed the sugar could be cut in half. (You can taste the liquor better that way!)


These delights will appear in my kitchen often!


Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:

This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.

Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS!Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.

This Week's Cravings Schedule:

  • March 7 - A candlelight dinner - Favorite Romantic Recipes
  • March 14 - Bake for me, I'm Irish!
  • March 21 - Chocolate. 'Nuff said....
  • March 28 - Surprise! There's ___ in your food! Share recipes with surprise and secret ingredients.
  • April 4 - Switch it! Spouse in the kitchen day
  • April 11 - Your incredible, edible EGG recipes!
  • April 18 - Easter sweet & treats

Be sure to visit the party's other hosts at Delightful Country Cookin' and Mom's Crazy Cooking!

Post & share our button please:






post signature



Melt in your Mouth Monday,
Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge, Sweet Tooth Friday,



11 comments:

Christina Lucas said...

Those Bailey's clouds look like heaven!!!

Heidi said...

I've been waiting for your green link party. We love St. Patrick's Day and my husband has perfected our feast complete with Corned Beef and Irish Soda Bread. Thanks for hosting and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Those are so cool! I bet my kiddos would like the original ones with some green food coloring mixed in.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Yum, those look delicious and so very festive!!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Very creative! I wish we lived closer, so I could test-taste one of these for you! :-)

withoutadornment said...

I've never heard of anything like these before, but they look delicious!

Michelle Maskaly said...

Those look great!

Mo 'Betta said...

These look like fun! I agree - cut the sugar so you can taste the liquor :)

Melanie said...

I am loving all these St. Patrick's day treats! Lots of ideas, but how do I choose which to make first?! I think I'll start with your Bailey's clouds!

Al said...

Hello. I saw your blog and I really liked it. Recipes are interesting and some seem to be delicious. I especially like the photos, I think they are exceptional. Seeing your recipes I got some new ideas. Maybe You Obtain a new idea if you see my easy recipes. I greet you.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

These look so light and sweet. Yum!

Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.