March 18, 2011

This Week's Cravings: Chocolate!

It's chocolate week... need we explain? I wish I had a scratch'n'sniff computer screen for all the wonderful recipes I know are being added! This is probably one of my favorite themes - because chocolate is one of my favorite things.

Even so... today's recipe was a challenge. I just couldn't decide! Until I saw this bacon popcorn Buns in my Oven and it struck me. Popcorn. Bacon. I love chocolate covered popcorn. I love chocolate covered bacon...... so why not?

Indeed.

It. Is. Fabulous.





Chocolate-Bacon Popcorn

  • Popcorn

  • Bacon

  • Chocolate (almond bark)
  1. Pop desired amount of popcorn. I made some old-school with 1 cup kernels and a couple tablespoons vegetable oil on my stove top.

  2. Spread popcorn on wax-paper covered baking sheets.

  3. Melt chocolate - I used 3 squares - in a small bowl. Alternate microwaving 45 seconds and stirring until just melted. Drizzle over popcorn.


  4. While popcorn sets, cook up some bacon till crisp. Transfer to paper towels; let them absorb as much oil as possible.

  5. Crumble popcorn and toss with chocolate-popcorn.


Try not to eat it all at once. Like my husband and I did.

Melt in your Mouth Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge, Sweet Tooth Friday,



Here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:

This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don't have a recipe that matches this week's theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.

Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It's fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant's and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a blog party so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS!Everyone is invited, if you don't have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.

This Week's Cravings Schedule:

March 7 - A candlelight dinner - Favorite Romantic Recipes
March 14 - Bake for me, I'm Irish!
March 21 - Chocolate. 'Nuff said....
March 28 - Surprise! There's ___ in your food! Share recipes with surprise and secret ingredients.
April 4 - Switch it! Spouse in the kitchen day
April 11 - Your incredible, edible EGG recipes!
April 18 - Easter sweet & treats

Be sure to visit the party's other hosts at Delightful Country Cookin' and Mom's Crazy Cooking!

Post & share our button please:





post signature






10 comments:

the country cook said...

Oh my goodness, I love it!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

My son LOVES both.. bacon and popcorn and since he is only 11... he would freak out if I put them together! What a GREAT idea! LOVIN' all the chocolate!

Lisa@The Nourishing Homemaker said...

Chocolate? Love! Bacon? LOVE! Are you telling me you can put them together?!!!!! Holy cow! I have to try this! (I'm a little excited. Can you tell?) Thanks so much for sharing this!

http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

This is my favorite link party ever! Can't wait peruse all the links and dream a little chocolate dream!

briarrose said...

There would be no leftovers. :) Delicious and easy to make.

Bizzy said...

I could spend days here and then if someone would make me one of each, I would be a real happy gal.

shopannies said...

sounds delicious

Jacqueline said...

Just came across your party and I linked up! How fun. I printed off the rest of your party schedule too as it is pretty late for this week.

I am your newest follower, come follow me back!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kristen,
Seriously, and I am always serious about food.... popcorn is my very favorite food in the world (the ONLY way to make it is old school), followed closely by good chocolate and I feel that bacon makes EVERYTING better. So I am stumped why I did not think of this first!!!!
But I am sure glad you did! I am making this today... it is Dinner and a Movie night at StoneGable. And this popcorn is dinner.
Oh YUMMY!
I have never been to your meme! Hope to join in soon. Skipping with joy over this post!
Thanks so much!
Yvonne

Miz Helen said...

Hi Kristen,
Just love your popcorn, it really looks delicious and fun. Thank you for sharing your popcorn with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!