March 10, 2011

Philadelphia Cooking Creme: Chicken & Mushrooms

Have you seen the new Philadelphia Cooking Cremes? Tried them? If no, please do so immediately! They are delish. Plus there are some great $1 and $1.50 coupons floating around the internet that make them excellent deals.

I have two flavors in my fridge, Italian Herb and Sante Fe Blend. The little pots of creme are very versatile and easy to use. Hubs eats the Italian Herb on crackers - and it would be very yummy on apple slices!

The other night I was making dinner for one - those nights often result in a lot of experimentation - and I decided to use the Italian Herb. End result? YUM! I know the pictures are a little..... brown. But don't let that fool you, this was tasty and very comforting.




Philly style Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms

  • 2 chicken thighs, or 2 cups shredded chicken

  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms

  • 1/4 chopped onion

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 1/2 cup Philadelphia Cooking Creme - Italian Herb

  • 2 tb olive oil

  • 1 tb parsley
  1. Place chicken thighs in a medium saucepan, cover with water. If desired, add a little pepper and 1 tsp dried garlic and onion flakes. Bring to a boil.

  2. Boil chicken until cooked throughout - approx 20 minutes. Remove from water (now broth!) and let cool.

  3. Shred chicken and set aside.


  4. Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until they begin to caramelize. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.


  5. Add chicken and Cooking Creme to pan; stir until melted and all creamy... mmmmmm. Stir in parsley.

  6. Serve over rice or pasta. I made rice with the chicken water (broth.)

Quick and tasty!!

post signature

3 comments:

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I got my coupon and I looked today and my store didn't have it! I will keep looking! I want to make Alfredo sauce... YUM!

Sarah beth said...

I seen this, will have to try! love the recipe you posted and all the step by step pics!! Where can I find the coupon?

{Sarah beth}

Our Treasured Home said...

I have seen these and wondered what they were like! Thanks for the info!