Todays theme is all about the beverages! Have a homemade eggnog recipe, that's a must at the holidays? What about a recipe with a beverage secret ingredient? From adult beverages to Egg Nog Pound Cake ~ share them all!
This week I am sharing a super simple - yes, not just simple... but SUPER simple! - holiday coffee. This time of year, I like to make everything just a little extra special. And my morning coffee is not exception. Fast and easy, Spiced Coffee will make your kitchen smell wonderful!
- 1/4 cup coffee grounds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 cups water
- Optional: Orange zest
- First, see my coffee pot? Isn't it beautiful?!?
- Ok.... Put in your coffee filter (use just one) or be like me and just use a small paper towel. :)
- Layer in filter: coffee grounds, cinnamon & nutmeg. Pour vanilla over all.
- If you like add a little orange zest - I think this would be just magical. And it's Christmas... everything should be magical. So add it too....
- Add water to coffee pot according to maker's instructions. I used 6 cups coffee, but I like really strong coffee. Brew. Inhale the deliciousness~
- Serve, as desired, with milk and sugar. I added a small dollop whipped cream and sprinkle of extra cinnamon.
Linked to: Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge & Newlyweds Holiday Treat Week!
Now, here's a run down of our little shindig and the rules:
This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite breakfast from last week, or post your favorite cheesecake you made last month, just please stick to the theme. We all want to read and discover your favorite recipe post, or if you don’t have a recipe that matches this week’s theme, then our hope is we inspire you to make something and link-up in the future.
Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And pretty pretty please link back to one of our hosts using the button or a direct link. We hope to see you week after week sharing new recipes. It’s fun to visit too! Click around at the other participant’s and visit as many as you can, leave comments too! Everyone loves to know their blog is being enjoyed by others. And remember, this is a BLOG PARTY so please ENJOY THE PARTY AND MEET BLOGGERS! Everyone is invited, if you don’t have a blog, then feel free to post your recipe in the comments for others to see.
This Week's Craving Schedule & Past Recipe Links:
Nov. 1 - Pumpkin
Nov. 8 – Thanksgiving Cookies & Treats
Nov. 15 - Thanksgiving Dinner & Side Dishes
Nov. 29 - Crockpot Favorites
Dec. 13 - Eat, Drink, Merry Christmas! (holiday beverages)
Dec. 20 - Christmas Morning: Breakfast & Brunch
Dec. 27 - Favorite New Years recipes
Post & share our button:
We hope you'll join us next week when we sharing recipes for Christmas Morning: Breakfast & Brunch. What are your Christmas morning traditions?