December 2, 2010

Baked Cream Cheese Spread

Quick & easy, this baked spread is perfect for parties, appetizer, brunch - even a dessert! Confession - Hubs & I sliced the little baked delight and ate it like pie!


Baked Cream Cheese Spread

  • 1 can crescent rolls

  • 4 oz. softened cream cheese

  • 3 Tb brown sugar

  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg


  1. Arrange the crescent rolls so they make one big square. Smoosh the edges together.



  2. Cube your cream cheese and pile in the middle. Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg on top.



  3. Fold over one side...then gather all corners and bring together. Slightly twist the tips and pinch with your fingers. This will close it up and make a pretty top.

  4. Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until brown.


  5. Let cool slightly before serving.




  • Serve with apple or pear slices - or by itself :)
  • Add a little chopped apple or a handful golden raisins!

Note: Do not use fat free cream cheese - it just doesn't bake the same way. Believe me. Yucky. It's the holidays, use full fat cream cheese.



post signature



Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tackle it Tuesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Recipe Swap Thursday, Food on Fridays, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge



6 comments:

Our Treasured Home said...

How easy! Looks so good!

Sherri @ Design2Shine said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I missed this week's link up, but I am adding you to my weekly list. Hope you drop by again. I can't wait to browse your recipes!

Shannon said...

Just like baked Brie. What a great idea!

Yenta Mary said...

What a fabulous, ridiculously easy treat!!! And I've gotta love a girl who encourages her readers to use the full-fat ingredients ... :) Have some fun!!!

Melinda said...

This looks so fancy - but easy enough I could even make it! I can't wait to do one for new year's Eve!

Jerri said...

This sounds really good! And very easy too!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week. Hope to see you again this week. Also, I'd like to invite you to come by next Thursday for my Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party!