December 22, 2010

Appetizer Meatballs

This was a first - I plan to do a little tweaking you can say, but they are tasty. Next time, I plan to actually serve them over mashed potatoes for a main dish.

If you are looking for something quick and easy for last minute Christmas festivities - please try these! I was covered in raw meat and didn't get pictures of the first few steps, I'm sorry!

Appetizer Meatballs

  • 2 lbs ground beef

  • 1 Tb parsley

  • ½ tsp black pepper

  • 1 Tb dried garlic

  • 2 tsp onion powder

  • 2 tsp liquid smoke

  • 4-6 cups BBQ sauce

  • 1 cup sweet and sour sauce

  1. Combine beef and all seasonings.

  2. Using small scoop or spoon, make tablespoon sized meatballs. Pour just enough oil into a large skillet to coat the bottom.

  3. On medium heat, brown meatballs on all sides. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to drain. Be careful not to overcook or they will (even with all the sauces) be a little dry. They will continue to cook in the crockpot.


  4. Layer meatballs in a slow cooker and pour sauces over the top. Can we have a commercial break? Yes? Let's pause for "Ode to my Liner."

I love you my crockpot liner.

You save me scrubbing and pain.

Your beauty is unmatchable; nothing is finer.

You fill the hunger; all my dining desires.

I love you, my little, crockpot liner.


Heat on high for 1 hour; then keep on low until ready to serve, or while serving.




NOTE: I used Head Country BBQ and a Spicy Orange Stir-Fry sauce.




Adding something new for the 'new year' - Printable versions of recipes! So, click here and be impressed. I am quite proud of myself, finally figured it out. :)

Oh, and sorry about the bad poem...


post signature

3 comments:

kristi @ veggie converter said...

Ha! I love the poem. I miss crockpot liners. :-( I've gotten too frugal & just spray with pam now. But I think i'd make an exception for saucy meatballs.

the country cook said...

So THAT's how people make meatballs in the crock pot. I never could figure out how to make it work, but browning them first makes sense!

Our Treasured Home said...

These would be great for football bowl days!