I made this stuffing last year and loved it! Not only it is easy and effortless because you use a crock pot, but it is quite tasty!
The recipe is from Taste of Home - sorry to say I didn't take any pictures last year, so this is from their website!
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Chicken Broth
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is tender, stirring once.
- You could also use old bread cut into cubes.
- I cooked the sausage, celery & onions a couple days in advance, then refrigerated. It can then easily be assembled and cooked the morning of - which frees us your oven for other tasty items!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!