November 2, 2010

Cookies cookies everywhere!

A new venture - COOKIES!

And I am enjoying every second of it, which should be obvious from my recent Cookie Cutter Challenge (still time to vote here or my facebook page, please do!) I am no Bake at 350... but I'm practicing! Of course, I will start blogging my cookies - please feel free to give me feedback, suggestions and tips.

First... Red Barn cookies. There was the challenge of finding a barn shaped cookie cutter - I did not have time to order anything online so I improvised. This is a church cookie cutter with the steeple cut off.

I outlined the entire cookie, doors and window with dark gray icing...

...then filled with a dusty red icing.



Very happy with the results! This was my first try at 'flooding' & it's been years since I've made royal icing!

I've mentioned Bake at 350 a few times recently - she has WONDERFUL vidoes and tips for making, baking, outlining, mixing, flooding, the entire process. Be sure to check out her youtube channel 'Cookies350' and it's wisdom. She also works with several other baking goddesses to create "University of Cookie." {Christmas cookies anyone?!?}

Please join me tomorrow for Gold Star Wednesday!



post signature

7 comments:

Delectable Flair said...

LOVE how they turned out! I just started making cookies myself but haven't tried flooding yet! Any tips?

Kristen said...

Thank you!

I definitely recommend you watch Bake@350s videos, they were very helpful. Thru trial and error I discovered that your icing consistency is very important, be careful that your flooding isn't too thick or it won't spread easily.

the country cook said...

I think you did a GREAT job with those! I've got to try flooding someday...it looks fun.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

WOW amazing!!! I don't think I could ever do that!

Our Treasured Home said...

You did an amazing job!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Fantastic job! Your cookies are wonderful!

ButterYum said...

I live in the Virginia countryside and I love red barns! These cookies are the cutest!!

:)
ButterYum