October 26, 2010

Pepper Popper Chicken Calzone

Whew! Say that 5 times really fast! This recipe was completely a last minute, throw together that was enjoyed by all. Easy, quick, used leftovers - I love it!

I'd made a big batch of Pepper Popper Toasts this past weekend and had approx 3/4 cup of the spread remaining. I also had a can of Pillsbury's Pizza dough and some leftover Lemon Sage crockpot chicken..... see where I'm going with this?









Pepper Popper Chicken Calzone

  • 1 can pizza dough

  • 1 cup shredded chicken

  • 3/4 cup Pepper Popper spread

  • 1 cup shredded cheese

  • Jalapenos

  • Pepperocini peppers

  • 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained

  • Bacon, cooked & chopped

  • Misc. items you think you can sneak in....

  1. Since I used leftovers, there was no prep work. If you are using fresh ingredients - cook and shred your chicken, fry up some bacon and shred that cheese!

  2. Flour your surface and roll out the pizza dough. Flour the dough top and your rolling pin - roll just a couple times to stretch the dough slightly.

  3. Spread the Pepper Popper topping all over first


  4. All remaining fillers: keep towards the middle. Add spinach (great way to sneak in some vitamins!) - I think fresh would be wonderful as well. Add extra jalapenos and pepperocini peppers. I did small dice the peppers so as to provide some heat, but not give me something really spicy to bite into. I don't like that.


  5. Next, shredded chicken and chopped bacon


  6. Then sprinkle on the cheese!


  7. Fold up and over the bottom, then roll into a tube.


  8. Bring ends around and smoosh together. Smoosh is a very technical term.


  9. Place calzone on a lightly greased baking pan, sprinkled with corn meal.

  10. Bake at 375 degree for 15-20 minutes, or until bread is golden brown on all sides.

Slice




and enjoy!




*Vote on my Cookie Cutter Challenge here! Fun holiday experiment!*

This is linked to Foodie Friday

3 comments:

Our Treasured Home said...

Great way to use up leftovers! I bet it was a yummy dish!

ButterYum said...

Oh wow, does this sound amazingly delish! YUMMMMM!

:)
ButterYum

Kristi said...

Yum! I veggie-converted this one. Delicious, thanks for the recipe! You can find it
HERE

Thanks for all you do!
Kristi @
Veggie Converter