May 6, 2010

Wishing & hoping & praying....


Things have been a little crazy in the prego house...

We had our first shower Saturday and it was wonderful! We are so truly blessed with amazing friends and family; truly 'showered' with gifts and blessing. I will do a post dedicated completely to the shower once I have more photos :)

Also, we have furniture! We can not thank my parents enough - everything is so beautiful. The crib and dresser fit perfectly... we are slowly putting together the rest of the room - so there's another future entry: the NURSERY!!

What am I going to talk about? Well, we started birthing classes this week. The hubs and I are signed up for a four week program that will take us thru all the basics of pregnancy, delivery and infant care. So... look forward to four weeks of recap :)

Week #1: The basics...

Taking it back to basics. Talking vocabulary. Diagrams of who-haws and what-nots. It was very educational. Honestly, some of the women in the class are due during our last week of classes - so it could become REALLY educational one of these nights...

My favorite part was the breathing exercises and working on our focus. Very important since I want a natural birth. We will practice breathing every time and if I like, there is an additional class that focuses completely on natural birth.

Otherwise it was fairly uneventful. Next week though.... next week they bring out the videos.


In general....

It's amazing the little things that, I would have never considered, are now difficult to manage. The doctor still insists I pee in a tiny cup. I understand why, but this is just plain comical.

The height of the loo. Think about it - if you have troubles bending over and sitting down, then loo's...... following me?

Hubs finds me in very awkward positions, staring at an object. At first he would think something was wrong... now he realizes I'm trying my Jedi tricks to make it magically float up and into my hands...and he bends over and hands it to me.

Anyone tracking sites on my computer is getting an interesting education. I am researching and looking for products I was once completely unaware of such as nipple cream, electric vs. hand pump breast pumps & the actual statistics on poo'ing during pushing. Poor tech guys...

The baby's movement is becoming more extreme. There are moments my stomach is lurching and churning - I enjoy the reassurance my baby is healthy, but I guess I'm not the only one nesting because Baby Q likes to rearrange furniture. And kidneys. And fluff up the ol'bladder.


Keep watching for my future posts!


post signature

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Do you know Lesley Meier? She is a friend of mine from MO that now lives in Stillwater and works for career services. She's due the same week as you and blogged about what I'm guessing is the exact same class you're taking.

I hope you enjoyed the shower! Good luck with everything!

Cathy

michelle said...

hey; from one prego to another! I really hope ya'll enjoy your birthing classes! My husband and I did an all day class instead of spread out over a few weeks. I enjoyed the part where they have the husband massage you as you pretend to have contractions! ha. I hope your pregnancy is going well!

Our Treasured Home said...

Your post about pregnancy brings back so many memories. This is a very precious time.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh the joys of being prego!!! My son is almsot 5 months and it feels like yesterday that I was gasping for breath as we raced to the hospital. Note: when your water breaks it smells a bit like comet; I had my husband smell the Ned linens after I wasn't sure if I had peed the bed or not, he wasn't super impressed :) have fun, and happy mothers day to you!!!!