May 11, 2010

Strawberry Breakfast Pastries - Round 2

A couple weeks ago I posted the recipe for Strawberry Breakfast Pastries, sharing all their wonderful deliciousness. Well this time around I made them round... and it was SO much easier! And I think - they are prettier :)

The recipe was not altered in any way until it came time for assembly. I simply used a round biscuit cutter which helped in many ways. 1) I wasn't trying to make even squares/rectangles. 2) I felt there was less waste - just keep rolling and cutting! 3) I think I mentioned they were prettier?!? The result was perfect for breakfast, brunches or tea parties!


Be sure to review the original recipe here...

Here are pictures from Round #2:

Use the same amount of filling



Be careful when sealing - next time I will try a little egg wash to seal the edges before 'forking'



Fork....


Fork....


Fork some more....


And be sure to prick the top, or make a small cut. This will help steam escape - otherwise your top and bottom will separate during baking.

Line up your pretties to cool!


Some family members like them plain... while others think the more icing the better!



This is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!



post signature

4 comments:

the country cook said...

I agree - rounder is cuter! I'll have to try these filled with some of my homemade jam sometime

Our Treasured Home said...

Round, square doesn't matter, they are really good!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Holy molly I so want to try to make these! Love the fork, and fork ... :)

Chelsey said...

These look fantastic! Will be making them this week. Wondering if you tried freezing them?