May 21, 2010

Roll out Violet....


Well, it's time to roll Ms. Blueberry Violet to the juicing room - at least that's how I feel. I'm Willy Wonka's bubble gum gone all wrong.... the swelling has set it in.


It all started last night - returning home from a quick trip out of town to pick up baby furniture and accessories, I went to kick off my shoes... but they wouldn't kick. I avoid shoes that lace-up (that requires bending. I don't 'bend' anymore.) so I was wearing a nice pair of flats. I love these shoes, they're cute and have a little bow on top. At least I think so because I can't exactly see them anymore, every morning I pray I slip on shoes that match. Anywho... sorry... rabbit trail... back to my feet. Somehow, I managed to remove the shoes only to find that my feet had disappeared and in their place was something oddly resembling feet. And cankles - I mean ankles!


I quickly waddled to my husband making wild exclamations concerning the size of my paddleboats, to which he replied.... "It was bound to happen eventually. You're almost 8 months pregnant." Uh, no. Let's try again, because the correct reply would have been shock, awe and sympathy. Not realism.


Blame was quickly pointed (by me) at my dinner choice or the fact that I'd sat at a high table, where my feet dangled thus not receiving the proper circulation necessary to maintain their normal-unpuffy size. Maybe it was being in the car without moving around. Or! Or! What about that indulgent Sprite I drank earlier!?! Yes - that was it.


Until today.... different food. No high tables. Feet propped up at my desk. No pop. HUGE feet and ankles. Sigh. I console myself with the fact that my fingers have not turned into circus balloons and I can still wear my rings comfortably.


But we will see what the weekend brings.


Until later....


~Your friendly, happy, puffy, pregnant blogger....



post signature

2 comments:

the country cook said...

oh, Kristen, I love your pregnant rants :-)

Our Treasured Home said...

Bless your Heart! Mom