April 14, 2010

Lovin' Lovera's

Lovera's is a wonderful Italian market located in Krebs, Oklahoma. I had the pleasure of my first visit to Lovera's last year... and started planning my shopping list for another visit immediately. Well a few weeks ago I was able to return - and you guessed it. I already have a list for the next time :) You'll see why...

Here is Lovera's storefront:


Founded in 1946 by Italian immigrants, Lovera's is an Italian food-lovers wonderland.

Look at these jars!

Olives, peppers, garlic, capers, asparagus, sauces, mixes - it's a feast for the eyes for certain!


This is one of the meat counters. Lovera's first product in 1946 was their family sausage (it's in rolls on the left) and is still very popular.

They also sell chorizo, salami,bacon, prosciutto and other imported meats and sausages.


The cheese counter - which seems to glow like a halo and play angel's harp music when you approach.


Blocks & wedges, balls and spreads - this area is full of parmesan, parmesano reggiano, mozzarella, goat cheese, fresh & vibrant blue cheese, cheddars... and let's not ignore those big, bold and beautiful olives on the top row! In 1994 Lovera's began making their own caciocavallo cheese as well.


Lovera's also sells imported olive oils and vinegars, chocolates and pastas, pastries.. you never know what little treasures you may find! This trip it was infused honey (yummy yummy Fresh Apricot honey!)



Among the many items that found their way into my shopping cart was this beauty:


That's almost 2 feet of fresh spaghetti noodles ladies and gentleman. And I can't express how excited I was to make spaghetti "Lady & the Tramp" style!


I will slowly feature items purchased from my shopping expedition. If you are ever in Southeastern Oklahoma, add Lovera's to your list- It is well worth the trip! If not, you can purchase their specialty food items on the website www.iloveitalian.com



post signature

4 comments:

the country cook said...

That place looks like a ton of fun. Reminds me of some of my finds out here (especially near Napa) - oh, I wish you could come visit!!!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Oh my gosh. I would LOVE that place!

Our Treasured Home said...

Wonderful pictures. It is such a treasure in a small town in Oklahoma. I look forward to seeing your recipes.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

What a wonderful store!! I want one! Love the cheese, meat and fresh spaghetti, yea! Now you have to post a picture of you and your hubby eating it lady and the tramp style.