Looking for something indulgent, creamy and perfect for Spring? I was earlier this week and that is how I made this gem! Made with items usually in your pantry and fridge, it is quick and easy.
Layered Strawberry Pudding
- 1 sm. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 -8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 sm. box Cheesecake flavored pudding
- Whipped cream
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- First, wash and cut up strawberries. You can do sliced or chunks; either would be pretty! Set aside.
- With a whisk or hand mixer set to low, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth, work out as many cream cheese lumps as possible. The closer the cream cheese is to room temperature the better your chances for no lumps. Add pudding mix and combine. Then, slowly whisk in milk. Set aside to let thicken.
- Once thick, you are ready to assemble! In a 9 x 13 dish, pour a thin layer of pudding mixture and smooth out. Next, lay one layer of vanilla wafers. Then a layer of whipped cream. And finally strawberries. Repeat layers once more - this should top off your pan.
- Serve cold!
- Vanilla pudding mix would be quite tasty as well :) As would White Chocolate pudding...
- Make sure milk is very cold, it will help the pudding set up faster.
- Combine sliced strawberries & bananas... or strawberries & chunked pineapple... or how about strawberries & blueberries for a patriotic dish!
- For more complexity of flavors... make your own whipped cream, or add flavoring to store bought.
This dish is linked to Foodie Friday! Also, you can view my recipes & food photography on my facebook page: From My Tiny Kitchen!