April 29, 2010

Bierock Party!

A few weeks ago, myself and a couple friends decided to have our own little blog party! We chose a basic topic, each experimented with recipes and now we are sharing each other's featured recipes! So welcome to our little - Bierock Party!!!

I am featuring blogger "Our Treasured Home" and her recipe for Breakfast Bierocks. 'Our Treasured Home' is a wonderful, up and coming blog with great recipes, crafts, renovation projects and even home-schooling tips! Her recipes are tasty and comforting and I can personally attest to the deliciousness of each and every one! She's my Mom!!

When you click to Our Treasured Home's blog to view her bierock post - she is featuring a dear friend of mine: delightful country cookin' and her tasty, more traditional bierocks. And then, don't forget to check delightful country cooking for my bierock feature!

So without further adieu... blogger 'Our Treasured Home' and the recipe for Breakfast Bierocks!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





My husband works as a conductor for the railroad. He goes to work at odd times and needs to pack enough food to last 12-24 hours. I needed something that would freeze and microwave well.
This recipe does both, plus it makes several.




Brown one pound sausage with a couple of tablespoons minced onion, a chopped small onion and a green bell pepper. Drain.






Scramble six eggs, add to sausage mixture and mix in one cup cheese of your choice.

I used a basic bread recipe in my bread machine. You could use frozen bread dough or make it from scratch. I plan to make these again and try using rolled out flaky biscuit dough.
I rolled the dough out as thin as I could and cut it into 4x4 to 6x6 inch squares.



Place a hefty amount of filling in the center of your bread dough square.

Fold over opposite corners and seal with an egg wash (a slightly beaten egg with a teaspoon of water added). Repeat with the other corners. Make sure you have no holes in you dough and the seams are sealed. Place on a cookie sheet seam side down and coat with the egg wash. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before you freeze.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Don't these look tasty! I can't wait to try them! Be sure to click over to Our Treasured Home and try one of her wonderful recipes.


And don't forget... this party is also linked to Foodie Friday, click over for great summer recipes.


3 comments:

Martha said...

Breakfast bierocks! What an idea! I'm German but not from Bierock area -- didn't eat them until I was grown and a lady from church brought them to something -- of course, I fell in love -- they're wonderful and I'm sure the breakfast one is amazing!

Melinda said...

Those do look yummy! Do you just heat them in the microwave?

gnee said...

Very fun idea...I'm excited to see how they look when baked. Guess I better make some!