March 1, 2010

Baby Cake

I could say things have been really busy in my household.... but really it's more of I'm just really tired. But, I have done some planning and shopping and hopefully, will be doing some baking this week! Very excited to begin work on St. Patty's recipes!

In the meantime... I did have a cake order for a baby shower this weekend. I had a lot of fun with this cake - it was something new. I wanted to try making a layered cake, but with no separation... turns out - simpler than I thought!

Here are a couple photos....

The top layer was chocolate, the bottom vanilla and the entire cake was decorated with butter cream frosting.



Close up!



post signature

7 comments:

Chelsey said...

Beautiful cake!

the country cook said...

good job! someday I want to take cake decorating classes :-)

Our Treasured Home said...

Very pretty! You did a great job!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

You are soooo talented.. Its beautiful and looks delicious~!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Great job, its beautiful! Don't worry about blogging, take care of yourself, and the baby!

orrsarah said...

Just want to say I love your blog! And I love love love this cake! I have a real passion for cooking, but I'm completely useless at baking, I guess its the following the recipe exactly that I have trouble with sometimes!

Hope you enjoy your baby shower

God Bless,

Sarah