Happy New Year everyone!
I can't believe it's 2010... last year was full of wonderful surprises and changes, hardships and tears; but I believe it was also a year of great growth for myself. It may sound odd, but I feel very different after going thru 2009. And looking ahead, I think 2010 will be a little life changing as well :)
As usual I sat down to evaluate things and write my New Years resolutions - and for a first, I didn't really come up with anything. I'm not vowing to loose more weight (I'm proud to have lost almost 20 pounds last year); in fact for the first time I'm excited to gain some weight! Baby weight that is :) Resolving to become better organized? Well yes, but this year it isn't necessarily a resolution as it is a necessity.... the baby has to live somewhere. hahaha. So, here are some of the goals I put together.....
- Find a Bible study for myself. This spring will be the first semester since Spring 2004 that I have not been involved in a girls Bible study. I really want to keep up with my reading and studying though. Any suggestions??
- Read 25 books - I've already put together a list of 20 books, again - suggestions? I will post the list soon. This might just be the year I start and finish a Jane Austin book.....
- Apply for scholarships & start taking masters classes again in the Fall.
- Create a blog pregnancy series & diary for the next 6 months; transition into a a-baby-is-now-here! series in August.
- Convert my blog to a .com sometime this year.
- Blog Advertising!!
- Keep working on those photography skills!
- Declutter (in 'non-baby' areas) & decorate. Our home needs an overhaul - it's time to quit 'talking' & 'dreaming' while looking at other blogs (cough-TheNester-cough) and take some action!!
- Honestly - I will dig out last years list and spend a moment focusing on all my 2009 accomplishments. Make me feel a little better..... :)
I'm excited for the new year and spending it will all my bloggy friends!