January 4, 2010

New Year, New Direction!

Happy New Year everyone!

I can't believe it's 2010... last year was full of wonderful surprises and changes, hardships and tears; but I believe it was also a year of great growth for myself. It may sound odd, but I feel very different after going thru 2009. And looking ahead, I think 2010 will be a little life changing as well :)

As usual I sat down to evaluate things and write my New Years resolutions - and for a first, I didn't really come up with anything. I'm not vowing to loose more weight (I'm proud to have lost almost 20 pounds last year); in fact for the first time I'm excited to gain some weight! Baby weight that is :) Resolving to become better organized? Well yes, but this year it isn't necessarily a resolution as it is a necessity.... the baby has to live somewhere. hahaha. So, here are some of the goals I put together.....

  • Find a Bible study for myself. This spring will be the first semester since Spring 2004 that I have not been involved in a girls Bible study. I really want to keep up with my reading and studying though. Any suggestions??
  • Read 25 books - I've already put together a list of 20 books, again - suggestions? I will post the list soon. This might just be the year I start and finish a Jane Austin book.....
  • Apply for scholarships & start taking masters classes again in the Fall.
  • Create a blog pregnancy series & diary for the next 6 months; transition into a a-baby-is-now-here! series in August.
  • Convert my blog to a .com sometime this year.
  • Blog Advertising!!
  • Keep working on those photography skills!
  • Declutter (in 'non-baby' areas) & decorate. Our home needs an overhaul - it's time to quit 'talking' & 'dreaming' while looking at other blogs (cough-TheNester-cough) and take some action!!
  • Honestly - I will dig out last years list and spend a moment focusing on all my 2009 accomplishments. Make me feel a little better..... :)

I'm excited for the new year and spending it will all my bloggy friends!

post signature

2 comments:

Linda said...

What books are on your list now? What kind of books do you like to read?

the country cook said...

That's quite a list! I honestly don't think I've ever really made a New Year's resolution.

As far as books for Bible study go, I suggest Mere Christianity and Out of the Salt Shaker and Into the World. Those are two of the best books I read last year. For your regular book list, I suggest Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend (nonfiction) and the Mitford Series by Jan Karon (fiction).