This was a staple of my college years. My roommates & I made it constantly! It's great with chips, baked tortilla 'chips,' veggies - I even top burritos, tacos and enchiladas with this flavorful dip. Plus - it is very easy, very fast, inexpensive, travels well and can be served hot or cold.
Creamy Cilantro Dip
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, pizza blend, etc.)
- 1 Tb taco seasoning
- Chili powder, to taste
- Pick the cilantro from the stems - the whole bunch of 'em. I like a LOT of cilantro; absolutely adore the flavor. Carefully, rough chop the cilantro.
- In a medium bowl combine everything but the chili powder. Once thoroughly combined - make sure that cilantro distributes evenly! - add a couple pinches chili powder and taste. I always make this a day in advance since, with time, the cilantro and chili powder flavors will become more intense - so be careful with the chili. Start slow; let it set and taste again later to see if more is needed.
- Sometimes I feel adventurous and add lemon juice, lime juice, fresh cracked pepper, cream cheese for extra richness, red pepper flakes for extra kick... Mmmmmm.......
- If serving hot, pour into a microwave safe dish and top with a little extra cheese :) There's never too much cheese...