January 5, 2010

2010 Reading List

Well, here is my list of books to read for 2010. Last year I had the goal to read 25 books... but only reached 21. I know it it ambitious with what my year holds - but I really want to reach that 25 this year!

A couple books on my list I have read before, but it's been a while and I want to refresh my memory = these books are marked *. Also, there are two books I read every year. I love them, they are dear to me. They are marked **. Lastly, there is a list- The 1001 Books to Read Before You Die - several of my selections are from this. And many... well I've always wanted to read just never took the time. {Side note: There is also a '1001 Movies to Watch Before you Die;' I'd like to start working on that list too! :) }

So, in no particular order.........

  1. The Zookeepers Wife; Diane Ackerman.
  2. The Outlander; Diana Gabaldon.**
  3. A Breath of Snow and Ashes; Diana Gabaldon.
  4. An Echo in the Bone; Diana Gabaldon.
  5. Julie & Julia; Julie Powell.
  6. What to Expect While You're Expecting; Heidi Murkoff {Hopefully, I will finish this by July!}
  7. Anne of Green Gables; LM Montgomery. **
  8. Gone with the Wind; Margaret Mitchell.
  9. The Red Tent; Anita Diamant.*
  10. Little Women; Louisa May Alcott.*
  11. John Adams; David McCullough.
  12. On Beauty; Zadie Smith.
  13. Memoirs of a Geisha; Arthur Golden.
  14. The Reader; Bernhard Schlink.
  15. Beloved; Toni Morrison.
  16. Breakfast at Tiffany's; Truman Capote.
  17. Doctor Zhivago; Boris Pasternak.
  18. The End of the Affair; Graham Greene.
  19. The Hound of Baskerville; Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  20. The Picture of Dorian Gray; Oscar Wilde.

The list will change I'm sure & I'd love to hear more feedback & suggestions!

post signature

4 comments:

Linda said...

Great list. Several of my favorites-The Red Tent, Beloved, Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables! Certainly looks like a wondeful list.
I did try to read all 1001 books off that list and didn't suceed but I am attempting to read some of the ones I wanted too off of it.
I just finished Cold Mountain and did enjoy it greatly.

Libby Murphy said...

Great list complete with some of the really great classics that are sometimes overlooked.
Happy Twirls

the country cook said...

I want to hear what you think of Julie and Julia - that sounds fun.

Susie said...

That's a GREAT list:-)