December 16, 2009

Cranberry Pomegranate Cider

Need something fast? Easy? This is a great holiday addition to any menu {plus it will make your kitchen smell amazing!}


Cranberry Pomegranate Cider


I cannot express enough the simplicity of this recipe!

  • Cranberry Juice
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 8 oz. POM pomegranate juice
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • Pinch cinnamon & nutmeg

  1. Combine in crockpot.
  2. Heat on high for 30 minutes to an hour so sugar dissolves and the flavors get all friendly.
  3. Switch to low and keep it there.
  4. If desired, thinly slice an orange and float a few slices in the cider for extra flavor and presentation.

See, easy?!?!

I kept the cranberry juice bottle - any leftovers were put back into the bottle once cool. I do recommend writing on the bottle with a marker stating it is cider and in face not cranberry juice. Just in case a family member coughhusbandcough decided to enjoy a nice glass of chilled cranberry juice, only to discover - after taking a big ol'swig of course - that it is in fact cinnamon-cider-goodness. Just a thought......

This recipe is a part of my POM pomegranate series, click HERE to see how the adventure started. Also, today's post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!


post signature

2 comments:

the country cook said...

YUM - I can't wait for the day when I can have this stuff again!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh sounds great. I recently tried POM for the first time. I loved it! Thanks for linking to TMTT.