November 13, 2009

Pomegranate Baked Ham

Here is another recipe in my POM series.. be sure to click over and learn about a wonderful opportunity I was given!



Pomegranate Baked Ham


It's a simple line-up....




  • Ham

  • Brown Sugar

  • Pineapple

  • POM Pomegranate juice

As you can tell, I purchased a very small ham (presliced) for this experiment. Also, it was a brown sugar ham -- but a little more is ok right?!?


  1. First - rub some brown sugar all over your ham. This will give a sweet flavor and nice caramelization.

  2. Next, I separated the slices and spread them in a 8 x 8 pan. Pour shredded pineapple (for my small ham, I used 8 oz.) over the slices. I lifted slices and moved around making sure pineapple was between the layers.

  3. Finally, pour POM pomegranate over everything (I used an entire 8 oz bottle.)



  4. Bake at 375 degrees until fully cooked. Since my was pre-cooked, I cooked about 15-20 minutes to allow the ham to heat properly and all the flavors to meld.




Everyone seemed to like the ham - it is great if you like ham with a sweeter flavor. The POM gave a nice little twang I thought. One thing I didn't do, that now I wish I had, was take all the juices and reduce down into a glaze... yummmmmm.




This recipe is linked to Foodie Friday - there are some wonderful holiday, crockpot, dessert recipes, such wonderful things! Click over!



post signature

1 comment:

susan said...

Kristen-This looks really good and I have never really done anything with pomgeranate juice. I did buy a real one--a LOT of trouble--no wonder the stuff is expensive! The spread below is something I will definitely try! Thanks for stopping by!