This is the first recipe in my POM Pomegranate series - be sure to click over and read about my inspiration!
Cranberry Pomegranate Spread
- 2 - 8 oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup POM Pomegranate juice
- 8 oz. shredded pineapple, drained
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature - very soft - this will help keep the lumps away. Smush around until slightly smooth.
- Add cranberries; stir. Slowly add in the pomegranate juice - this will make the spread a little thin.
- Next add the pineapple and pecans, if desired. Mix well - the spread will be a pinkish color from the juice.
- Now the dip needs to chill for at least an hour- I say overnight is best so all those flavors get real chummy with one another. This will also help the spread 'set up' and become much thicker.
- Once chilled you can a) shape into a ball, roll in more pecans and serve as a dessert cheeseball. b) or set out in a pretty dish.
This recipe is very versatile - you can roll it into a ball, makes a great bagel spread, eat with apple slices, vanilla wafers, snickerdoodles, ginger snaps -- maybe even some Ritz crackers to balance some sweet and salty?!?
I was VERY pleased with this experiment and will definitely make this recipe again. It is perfect for parties, brunch, would travel well - it is on my holiday recipe list!