November 10, 2009

Cranberry Pomegranate Spread

This is the first recipe in my POM Pomegranate series - be sure to click over and read about my inspiration!


Cranberry Pomegranate Spread


  • 2 - 8 oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature

  • 1 cup dried cranberries

  • 1/2 cup POM Pomegranate juice

  • 8 oz. shredded pineapple, drained

  • 1/2 - 1 cup chopped pecans, if desired




  1. Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature - very soft - this will help keep the lumps away. Smush around until slightly smooth.

  2. Add cranberries; stir. Slowly add in the pomegranate juice - this will make the spread a little thin.


  3. Next add the pineapple and pecans, if desired. Mix well - the spread will be a pinkish color from the juice.


  4. Now the dip needs to chill for at least an hour- I say overnight is best so all those flavors get real chummy with one another. This will also help the spread 'set up' and become much thicker.

  5. Once chilled you can a) shape into a ball, roll in more pecans and serve as a dessert cheeseball. b) or set out in a pretty dish.



This recipe is very versatile - you can roll it into a ball, makes a great bagel spread, eat with apple slices, vanilla wafers, snickerdoodles, ginger snaps -- maybe even some Ritz crackers to balance some sweet and salty?!?




I was VERY pleased with this experiment and will definitely make this recipe again. It is perfect for parties, brunch, would travel well - it is on my holiday recipe list!






This post is linked to Tasty Tuesdays and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday; click over for some great fall recipes!



7 comments:

the country cook said...

that looks so pretty! good job with your first experiment. I be that would work well with my "fake" cream cheese too.

newlyweds said...

This looks mighty tasty. I just love cranberries and pomegranate combo!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Looks yummy - I'll have to give this a try. My husband loves Pom jiuce :)

Mrs. P. said...

This looks terrific! We love pomegranates and cranberries! Will be nice for holiday get togethers :)

Blessings!
Gail

Joyce said...

Thumbs up on this one:)
Joyce

Wendy said...

I agree this does look like a great recipe for the holidays! Thanks for sharing

ButterYum said...

Sounds delish! How is that great value cream cheese? Most of the GV products are great, but I guess I'm too afraid to try the cream cheese.

Anyway, I love cranberries, and really love pomegranate juice, so I'm sure I'd love this! Thanks for sharing!

:)
ButterYum

PS - LOVE your scalloped dish!