October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Dip

This recipe started as something completely different - I have a pumpkin dessert idea I am experimenting with.... when experiment #1 did turn out quite like I thought, it slowly developed into this. And it was good!!


Pumpkin Pie Dip

  • 1 can pumpkin

  • Marshmallow fluff

  • 1 - 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened

  • 1 cup powdered sugar

  • 1/4 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger

  • OR 1 Tb. Pumpkin Pie Spice




  1. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until soft. Slowly beat in canned pumpkin until mixture is perfectly creamy. Then the marshmallow fluff - this may take a little while to distribute.

  2. Add powdered sugar slowly. Lastly mix in all spices.

  3. I microwaved the dip in a bowl, then spooned into the serving bowl. If you have a very small, dip crockpot I think it would work perfectly. Or.... I think pouring the dip into an oven safe bowl, then covering it with mini-marshmallows and baking until ooey, gooey, bubbly perfection sounds pretty darn good too.

  4. Serve with graham crackers, sugar cookies, marshmallows, ginger snap cookies! The possibilities are almost endless :) I used graham crackers, marshmallows and white chocolate melting wafers.

As you can tell, my cream cheese wasn't quite soft enough and I didn't whip it quite enough... sigh. It was still yummy though.



This recipe is linked to Foodie Friday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays- head over for wonderful fall recipes!



post signature

9 comments:

heartnsoulcooking said...

What a GREAT!!! dip for the Holidays with graham crackers or ginger snaps.
Geri

Alicia said...

I bet it would be great with those white chocolate wafers.

Joyce said...

My daughter makes a similar recipe and if we are going to a party together and driving we can eat most of this before we arrive:) Love this!
Joyce

Happy Nester said...

This sounds yummy. I don't think I have ever seen a pumpkin pie dip.Thanks for sharing.

Hoosier Homemade said...

That dip looks great! I'm definately adding it to my list! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Lydia said...

Wow, this looks delicious- and low fat. :) I wish! I'm going to have to bookmark this to try for the holidays.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

This looks so good!!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

OH yum!! Cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, oh girl!

Lisa said...

This dip sounds fantastic. I'd want to dip everything and anything in it.