October 12, 2009

Menu Plan

I'm working menu planning back into my weekly routine. Not planning for a few weeks made a much bigger difference than I thought it would. My pantry slowly began to fill with random objects again, my grocery bill was about the same -but I always got home only to think "what did I ACTUALLY get?!?!?," and our evenings felt more rushed. So with the holidays rapidly approaching -- and with them dinners, parties, general craziness, potential snowed/iced in days -- I want to get organized again. Take back control of my pantry!!!

Menu Plan - Week of October 12th


Monday - Chicken something.... I know, very organized and 'planned' of me right?!?


Tuesday - Pizza Stuffed Pretzels


Wednesday - Rosemary Chicken Soup (recipe to follow)


Thursday - Our 4th anniversary! Dinner recipes courtesty of The Pioneer Woman: Grilled Ribeyes with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce, Roasted Garlic and New Potatoes.


Friday - Hamburger Helper (get it OUT of the pantry!!!) or something really fast. It's homecoming weekend :)



This post if linked to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays - head on over!


post signature

4 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kristen, thanks for stopping by. I think a lot of us are getting into meal planning lately & it really does help. Your chicken-something sounds familiar. You can always do a recipe with chicken, huh?! Hope you'll join the recipe party too, I look forward to trying some new ones.

SnoWhite said...

I can't wait to try those pretzels... yummy!

Mama Thompson said...

Made the pretzels tonight...so good...really! My 2 year-old LOVED them...pretty sure they will be on the menu again soon! Thanks for sharing!

sweetjeanette said...

Hey there! I so agree.... menu planning has saved my sanity and wallet! You go girl! Getting back is good.

come see me! I'd love having you!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com