I was having some blogger issues yesterday... so here is my Tuesday food post!
Mushroom & Squash Lemon Pasta
A couple weeks ago I was home alone, looking for dinner and nursing a very sore mouth from some dental work :( - this recipe comes from a combination of
- lack of grocery items
- watching alot of Gordon Ramsey's "The F Word" on the BBC.
- 1 medium squash
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 Tb. lemon juice
- Angel hair or spaghetti noodles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Get your water a-boiling for the pasta.
- Saute garlic and onion in a smidge of olive oil with some fresh pepper until slightly caramelized. I wanted to remove the tangy taste and just get it a little on the sweeter side...
- Chop squash & 'shrooms into small chunks. Add squash to pan first because it will take longer to cook. Once squash has started to soften, add mushrooms & lemon juice. Check: Water boiling? Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Cook until everything is soft and caramelized. Turn off heat and add sour cream. Stir well, working to remove those caramel-ly bits from the bottom of the pan. Add pasta and toss until everything's chummy.
- I topped it off with a couple of finely chopped kalamata olives & a little shredded mozzarella cheese - it added a nice punch and contrast.
This really hit the spot for creamy, comfort food and something soft & easy to chew. I've been trying to convince hubs it was tasty but he hasn't come around to the whole mushroom, lemon, sour cream bandwagon. Let me know what you think!!
Linked to Happy Housewife's Lemon Round-Up!