July 7, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza Dip

While grocery shopping a couple weeks ago, I came across a bag of mini-pepperoni. Aren't they cute? They were just so adorable I knew I had to use them somehow! So, for the 4th I made this dip...



Pepperoni Pizza Dip

  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 1 bag mini-pepperoni
  • 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 Tb Italian or Pizza Seasoning
  • 1/2 cup Spaghetti Sauce



  1. The directions are simple --- combine all ingredients in a microwave/oven safe container. Heat at 350 degree until warm and cheese is bubbly.

  2. I packed the dip in a microwave safe plastic container to make for easier traveling. {I saved back a little cheese and pepperoni's for topping!}Then just heated it in the microwave - 3-4 minutes, stopping to stir after every minutes.

  3. Note: Because of adding the sauce, it is a thinner dip. If you like really thick and chunky dips, I recommend mixing 8 oz softened cream cheese with 1 - 1 1 /2 cups sour cream; then add the rest of the ingredients. Adding the cream cheese and reducing the sour cream will make for a denser, richer dip.


The dip was a hit! It's great with crackers, chips, or toasted bread bites and is very versatile. Like olives on your pizza? Add in a handful! Can't get enough mushrooms? Add a handful!


I will definitely make this again. And soon.


This is linked in Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday; be sure to click over for great summer recipes!


post signature

11 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

Mmm, this sounds very yummy! Thanks for sharing it.

~Susan

Not Jenny said...

I just drooled on my keyboard.

Yum yum.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

VERY cool and fun recipe!! Thanks for sharing it. :) Visiting from Jen's party!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

This sounds like a great dip!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and joining us for the TMTT anniversary today.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

This sounds (looks) delicious! Did you make up the recipe yourself??

Sharon said...

Yes, definitely, YES! Looks fantastic! YUMM!

Jessica said...

Yum! Looks delicious!!!

Sandra said...

What a great idea. We love anything with pepperonis.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

It's 9am and I want this...is that bad? Thanks for joining in on Tasty Tuesday.

MaRiN said...

Where did you find the mini pepperoni? They are adorable! I totally have to get some.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

oh YUM, I have a pizza dip, I have not made is YEARS, totally forgot about it! This looks SOOOOOO good!