July 10, 2009

Cake Decorating Joy!

Two posts in one day! Wow - I must really be procrastinating something.... :)


Last week when Wilton products were on sale at Hobby Lobby, Hubby bought me some cake decorating supplies - which couldn't have been better timing. I had one cake order last week, 2 cupcake orders this week, and 2 more orders being placed! I was like a child at Christmas with these tools; I'm so excited and can't wait to play with everyone single tool and accessory!


The toolbox - so handy to have most of my tools in one place. And yes -- I really do have so many little gadgets that I quickly filled this toolbox and still have a plastic container with more supplies....




See the great cubby holes for my food colorings and tools!






This was the first tool I used - handy dandy cake leveler!

It made such a difference - I never want to part from it...


Just look how beautiful, flat and smooth that cake layer is!


The toolbox also came with a cake decorating book explaining how to use the tools and piping tips. I picked these flowers to try first - looked simple enough but really took me quite a while to get the twisting part just right...




I loved adding the pearls - or white polka dots. Wouldn't it be elegant to have a white wedding cake sparsely dotted with white frosting pearls?





You will see more contents of my beloved toolbox thru the next few weeks!


Another item he purchased was this cake stand.




I plan to bake a round cake just to try this! It turns! It tilts! It makes cake decorating over counter tops and tables less back-breaking!




I am completely hooked to my new tools - I can't wait to get decorating & share everything!
Go to Hooked on Houses to see what others are 'hooked' on!




post signature

8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome idea, a tool box for cake decorating! Very thoughtful hubby you have! Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://splummer-aviewofmylife.blogspot.com/2009/07/hooked-on-firdays.html

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Great caje! Had to laugh...yesterday my kids had 4-H judging - and it seems every kid that came through the door took cake decorating!!

Bdubba said...

That looks like SO much fun! Cakes are almost as fun to create as they are to eat. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wow!! Your tools make ME want to be hooked on cake decorating. :) I actually do have a few tips and icing bags...it would be nice to have a spot to keep it all. :) Visiting from Julia's party.

Bill said...

I'm in awe of anyone who can decorate cakes so beautifully!
Definitely not one of my talents!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment.

Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements

The Thrifty Countrywoman said...

Cake decorating looks like so much fun! Unfortunately, I bake the ugliest lopsided cakes ever. Thank goodness for people like you, that I can buy pretty ones from for celebrations!

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow!! You got me excited and I don't even like to bake!! Your hubby is a sweetheart!!

I saw Ina Garten use one of those cake stands to smooth the icing around the sides of the cake to perfection. I was in awe. So that's how they do that!! LOL!!

xoxo
Jane

newlyweds said...

What awesome cake tools and love the cake leveler. Awesome for all your orders!!