June 12, 2009

Pineapple Avocado Salsa

Join Dine & Dish and Cookin’ Canuck for the California Avocado 4th of July Blast, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission.

~~~
Last week, hubs was explaining to me a dish he'd tasted at work. It sounded wonderful and he was hoping we could recreate it - so he broke it down the best he could... and he says I got it right!


Pineapple Avocado Salsa
  • 1 ripe California avocado
  • 1 - 8 oz can pineapple tidbits
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 2 Tb. finely minced red onion
  • Lime juice to taste
  1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Chop pineapple into much smaller pieces - perfect for chips :) and pour into a medium bowl.

  2. Carefully cut avocado through to seed, then rotate avocado around knife blade to create a 'seam.' Twist avocado apart and carefully remove seed. Cut avocado into strips while still in shell I could have cut across as well but wanted a very small dice. Scoop out with a large spoon and dice into pieces comparable to pineapple. Carefully mix with pineapple chunks.

  3. Next, add 3-4 Tb of reserved pineapple juice. Then all remaining ingredients; stir until well combined.


  4. Let salsa rest for 15-30 minutes to help the flavors meld together.



This would be a perfect topping for grilled chicken, a great appetizer... I'm even thinking it would make an interesting addition to a sandwich instead of mustard/mayo. We added it to our dinner of Couscous and Caribbean grilled chicken - it was a big hit & we will definitely have it again soon!


Visit this blog for a wonderful recipe party! Foodie Friday



post signature

8 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

this sounds delicious.. I am going to have to pick up an avocado and try this... I bet it would even go on a burger! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

KBeau said...

I love, love, love anything with avocado in it. Unfortunately LBeau hates avocado. Whenever we eat out at a Mexican restaurant (which we are doing tonight) I'll order something that has guacamole with it just to get my avocado fix.

Mary said...

This really does sound delicious. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Lilfix said...

This looks great and sounds easy...a great combination...

Cristina said...

This recipe sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Phillips Phamily Mama said...

I'm with KBeau, my man can't stand the green, but I LOVE it! Sounds delicious!

newlyweds said...

Yum, that looks so good!! I know my fam would love it.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

I wanna try this! can I come over for dinner?