May 11, 2009

Movie Monday



Rated PG for some language


First - I love this movie. I have seen it so many times I can practically speak word for word right along! It is an adorable romantic comedy about Lucy, lonely Lucy in Chicago wishing for a family. Through unusual circumstances she gets one .... and finds the love of her life. Starring Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher and Peter Boyle.


For our last Girls Bible Study get-together I decided we would watch this movie and enjoy some Chicago style hot dogs! My sister decided to make a wonderful Oreo dessert - both foods are connected to the movie :)



Setting the scene for Chicago style hot dogs:


  • Hot dogs
  • Buns; preferably poppyseed
  • Sliced tomatoes
  • Pickle spears
  • Diced onions
  • Relish - bright green if possible!
  • Celery Salt
  • Mustard
  • Sport peppers (I did not have these)

I set everything out and let the girls make their own. What I remember from the hot dogs I had in Chicago (de-lish) here's what we did...


  1. Take your bun and add your dog.
  2. Add a little mustard.
  3. Put a 2-3 tomato slices down one side of the dog; lay a pickle spear along the other side of the dog.
  4. Add some relish. Sprinkle with onions.
  5. Sprinkle the whole thing with celery salt. Trust me on this. It's fabulous.
  6. Open wide & dig in!

Here is a photo of Chicago style hot dogs from my trip there last October...


Also, here is a great site dedicated to the bliss that is a Chicago Hot Dog!


Oreo Dessert



My sis made a wonderful Oreo dessert! It was fluffy.... creamy.... indulgent.... and I don't have the recipe. {sigh} I guarantee though as soon as I do I will post the recipe :)


Please join me next week when I feature one of my favorite classics!






post signature

2 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You know - ther's just nothing like a good hot dog when you get that craving! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Joyce said...

Fun movie and fun meal. Can't wait to see what you do next.
Joyce