April 16, 2009

Take Me There Thursday




~~ Oahu ~~


It's our 3rd week in Oahu Hawaii & I don't know about you but I am ready to go! Sorting through my pictures has brought back so many memories; I'd love to see the ocean and smell fresh plumeria again.





Top of Waikiki

Waikiki Business Plaza, 2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor

Our restaurant this week is the Top of Waikiki - a revolving restaurant off Waikiki beach. The view is amazing, especially if you are able to dine as the sun sets; it is truly magnificent. I will be honest .... we weren't completely impressed with the food. It was good but not fabulous. That being said though, after looking over the website and online menu - it has changed since our visit. The new menu for Top of Waikiki looks amazing with its Pacific fusion cuisine and I would definitely give it another try the next time I'm in town ;) Here are a few samples...



Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa & Cold Soba
sweet chile, coconut & Macadamia nut crusted prawns served with pineapple reduction & a chilled soba noodle salad



“Indo-Latino Soul” Shrimp & Grits (chef's choice)
seared ancho cardamom rubbed Mexican white shrimp, carmelized plantains, lemongrass infused curry gravy & grits with escabeche vegetables & basil oil


Chocolate "No Banana" Split
3 scoops of ice cream - vanilla bean, chocolate hazelnut gelato & three berry sorbet - placed on a chocolate brownie & banana bread, surrounded by a chocolate banana shell & smothered with buttery caramel & hot chocolate ganache.



Even though I am completely fascinated by this dessert I recommend, after dining and watching the sun set, strolling down to the Cheesecake Factory. Select a slice of cheesecake heaven to go, grab a bench outside and watch the waves. It is so peaceful and surreal.


*Notice my new little button for Take Me There Thursday? I am still tweaking it - but am so excited. It makes the series seem more official!*


Please join me next Thursday for our final week vising Oahu!


post signature

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

I am loving the no banana split, what a great idea. I should really find a way to get our butts to Hawaii! Barry has been but I never have =(