I am back with a Movie Monday & I am very excited about this week's movie:
Cary Grant is one of my all-time favorite actors, add him to the Doris Day list of movies/actors you will see here often!
The Bachelor and the Bobby-soxer is a hilarious romantic-comedy (one of my & DH's favorites) starring Cary Grant, Myrna Loy and Shirley Temple. This simple, one sentence plot line gives enough detail I believe: "A high school (Shirley Temple) girl falls for a playboy artist (Cary Grant)with screwball results." The movie is full of quick, witty dialogue - Grant's dry humor and charm balance well with Shirley's bubbly, hopeless-romantic attitude.
Here is a short clip from the movie... one of my favorite parts
The Bachelor and the Bobby-soxer is a perfect family or date movie. Prepare picnic like foods (you'll understand why when watching the movie!) and Shirley Temple drinks for everyone!
Shirley Temple Cocktails
- 1/2 cup lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp Grenadine
- Orange slice
- Maraschino cherry
- Place a few ice cubes in a glass - add all liquid ingredients and stir lightly until grenadine is fully incorporated (it will be thicker, heavier than the soda and orange juice.)
- Make a small cut through the middle of the orange slice - the pulp side - to make a slit. Place orange on side of glass. Add a maraschino cherry to the drink and serve! Makes 1 serving. (You may want to use more/less grenadine, it is very sweet!)
- Grenadine can be found in most grocery stores near the mixed beverage kits. It is non-alcoholic and again... very sweet.
- Make a huge pitcher & then pour and garnish individually.
- If you have a shaker, you could mix together the liquid ingredients, shake with ice and then pour into pretty cocktail glasses!
I hope you enjoyed this Movie Monday ~Be sure to join me next week when I feature a wonderful "make-over" movie!