April 7, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Sauteed Tomatoes & Pesto Gnocchi

We bought the Gnocchi at Lovera's (I've mentioned this place before....) and I've been anxious to do something with it...






Yummmmmm.......







Grilled Chicken with Sauteed Tomatoes & Pesto Gnocchi




{NOTE - the chicken was marinated over night in Italian dressing, a little olive oil and cracked pepper.}


  1. Grill chicken on med-low heat. Even better - have someone else grill the chicken :)
  2. Meanwhile, boil gnocchi 2-3 minutes. Once they are fully cooked they will float to the top. While gnocchi was boiling I sauteed 1 clove minced garlic in a couple tablespoons olive oil until slightly caramelized. As gnocchi begin to float remove with a slotted spoon and add to pan with sauteed garlic. Stir carefully - make sure there is just enough oil to keep gnocchi from sticking to your pan. Add 2 tablespoons fresh pesto. Stir until gnocchi are well covered.
  3. Remove gnocchi from pan - I went ahead and plated them. Add cherry tomatoes (quartered) to the pan. Scrap any bits from the bottom from cooking the gnocchi and toss around with the tomatoes. If desired, add a little extra pesto. Salt and pepper to taste. When they begin to shrivel and have slightly softened remove from pan and pour over cooked chicken breasts.

This is something I sorta threw together. I knew for quite a while that I wanted to cook the gnocchi with pesto but added the tomatoes at the last minute after seeing everything plated and realizing it needed some color. We really enjoyed the meal and I think I will try making gnocchi from scratch some time in the future. Also, I liked tomatoes & will do this again for other dishes - it added a veggie and alot of color!

This is linked to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Kitchen Tip Tuesday.


post signature

1 comment:

The Blossoming Skillet said...

I've been in the mood for gnocchi. I saw it in the grocery store last week and had to resist the impulse splurge. I did promise myself once I was done cooking the pasta I already had I could by it for next week's meal plan.