April 22, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

I was so sad yesterday when I got to work and realized I'd left my photo jump drive at home... I missed out on all the wonderful Tuesday recipe swaps! Here is the recipe I had planned:

Easy Chicken Enchiladas


This is a definite go to recipe for me. Potlucks, large groups, make in advance, easy to adjust, just easy all around!



  • 1 large can chicken, or approx 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken

  • 1 can Cream of Chicken soup

  • 3 cups shredded cheese, your choice

  • 16 oz. sour cream

  • 1 sm can green chili's

  • 15 flour tortillas, approx.

  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder

  • 2 Tb. taco seasoning


  1. Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. If using canned chicken, drain. In a large bowl combine chicken, sour cream, soup, 2 cups cheese, chili's and seasonings. Take a flour tortilla - spread 1/4 cup filling mixture down middle and roll up. Place in dish seam side down. Repeat until you run out of tortillas or filling! If there is any remaining filling spread over the enchiladas. Cover enchiladas with remaining cup of cheese.

  3. Bake 20-30 minutes; until hot throughout and cheese is melted. These reheat well - I pack any leftovers for work lunches!


*I made these for Girls Bible Study a couple weeks ago and didn't think to grab a photo until they were already assembled. This time I doubled the recipe and omitted the green chili's to fit the groups tastes.*



post signature

3 comments:

newlyweds said...

Gotta love quick and easy meals, looks great.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog! I just passed a blogging award to you. You can receive it on my Boogieboard Cottage blog. Mary :O)

Simply Sara said...

Oh.my.word!

Those look so yummy!
I'm definitely going to have to try them!
Thanks for the recipe
:)