March 31, 2009

Tyler's Taco Soup

I mentioned Taco Soup in last weeks menu plan - I got the recipe from a friend. He had made this soup for DH & I before and we loved it. It's easy, convenient - I think it would be great in a crockpot just simmering away - and very tasty! Thanks Tyler!




Taco Soup

  • 1 lb ground beef

  • 2 cans Original Ranch style beans

  • 1 small can green chili's

  • 1 can Original Rotel

  • 1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning

  • Minced onion - to taste

  • 1 can corn

  1. Brown ground beef with minced onion in stockpot (the original recipe called for dry minced onion; but I used about 3 Tb fresh onion). Drain off grease if necessary and return to stockpot.

  2. Add all remaining ingredients. Using bean cans - add two cans water. Add salt and pepper if desired. Be sure to taste - if you would like it a little spicier add a teaspoon of chili powder or a pinch of red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.

  3. Great topped with crumbled chips, sour cream, shredded cheese...... a big wedge of buttered corn bread is fabulous too! It is such a versatile recipe and easy to double. I needed quite a bit of soup- so I used 2 cups frozen corn instead of canned, and added an extra can of water.

Sorry I didn't get more pictures - I served this for Girls Bible Study last week and didn't think of a 'finish' shot until we had all eaten. This recipe served 7 girls (some had seconds) and then provided me with 2 lunches!

{This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday's, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Blissfully Domestic and Kitchen Tip Tuesday}



Tasty Tuesday Button


post signature

16 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

I LOVE rotel in anything. Always have a few cans in the pantry. This looks delish. Happy TMTT!

heresmycuplord said...

I love taco soup and yours looks great!

Ginger

Samantha said...

I have made Taco soup in the past, but my recipe was different, this sounds so DELICIOUS ! Looking forward to trying it soon, thanks for sharing !

Snow White said...

looks good to me!

Kaycee said...

Taco soup is a favorite at our house, but I don't think I ever make it the same way twice. I just use what's on hand in the pantry, serve it with tortilla chips and sour cream and call it Taco Soup.

This looks really good.

Pam said...

This sounds so easy and delicious. Plus I think my kids would eat it. : )

Lisa said...

That soup is so simple and sounds so yummy. I am going to have to add this to next week's menu.

Sherry said...

Yum! This sounds delish! :D I love soup especially on cold days.

Mary Beth said...

I love soup and this sounds good and hearty (I am not a girl who likes "light"...I want to know I have eaten!)Thanks for sharing.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love taco soup. There are so many versions. This one sounds great.Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Thanks for the great Taco soup recipe! My boys love it with corn bread!
~Kim

Hoosier Homemade said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The taco soup sounds good, I make one too, but it's different.
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

This looks great. I've been meaning to try this!

kymber said...

This sounds so good! I will definitely have to try it as my family loves anything spicy. Sounds so good on a cold day with homemade bread!

I am so glad that you stopped by to say hi the other day - it is nice to meet you! I look forward to reading more of your blog and trying out your mouthwatering recipes!
Blessings,
Kymber

Michelle said...

I've never had taco soup, but with all the pictures you showed -- mmmm that looks quite yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Karen the Suburbanite said...

This is perfect comfort food for our Beat the Winter Blues link party. Come link up! http://goodbycityhellosuburbs.blogspot.com