I mentioned Taco Soup in last weeks menu plan - I got the recipe from a friend. He had made this soup for DH & I before and we loved it. It's easy, convenient - I think it would be great in a crockpot just simmering away - and very tasty! Thanks Tyler!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans Original Ranch style beans
- 1 small can green chili's
- 1 can Original Rotel
- 1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning
- Minced onion - to taste
- 1 can corn
- Brown ground beef with minced onion in stockpot (the original recipe called for dry minced onion; but I used about 3 Tb fresh onion). Drain off grease if necessary and return to stockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Using bean cans - add two cans water. Add salt and pepper if desired. Be sure to taste - if you would like it a little spicier add a teaspoon of chili powder or a pinch of red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Great topped with crumbled chips, sour cream, shredded cheese...... a big wedge of buttered corn bread is fabulous too! It is such a versatile recipe and easy to double. I needed quite a bit of soup- so I used 2 cups frozen corn instead of canned, and added an extra can of water.
Sorry I didn't get more pictures - I served this for Girls Bible Study last week and didn't think of a 'finish' shot until we had all eaten. This recipe served 7 girls (some had seconds) and then provided me with 2 lunches!