March 2, 2009

Movie Monday


Before I begin Movie Monday & my party/date night/ dinner ideas for Sabrina I would like to say that this movie is one of my all-time favorites. I adore Audrey Hepburn; Sabrina is my 2nd favorite Hepburn movie with Roman Holiday being #1! In fact, let's take a moment to appreciate Audrey Hepburn's style and beauty with shots from the movie.....








OK... back to Movie Monday!



"Once upon a time, on the north shore of Long Island, some 30 miles from New York, there lived a small girl on a large estate....."

This classic romantic comedy starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden begins with the story of a wealthy family with two sons and their chauffeur's daughter. Laughter, tears & an 'ugly ducking' transformation ensue as this love triangle develops, unravels and wraps up in the end with a nice little bow. I can not recommend this movie enough...Sabrina is perfect for a girl's movie night or a romantic date night.



The Plan



Dinner: Serve party food!



Drinks: Martini's

  • It would be wonderful - in honor of one of my favorite scenes in Sabrina - to serve the martini's in bud vases, or empty, tall olive jars if you have them!


Dessert: Souffle' of course!
  • Have a wonderfully creamy chocolate souffle for dessert. This recipe is portioned for two servings. If you need a recipe for a larger group {8-10} try this one; however it does have a higher difficulty ranking. It has been years since I have attempted souffles, and is really something I would like to master.



{Sabrina & her fallen souffle at cooking school in Paris}




I hope you have enjoyed a look at Sabrina! Please comment about the movie and recipes; I'd love any feedback!



post signature

No comments: