March 5, 2009

The icing on the....

First: I love sweets

Second: I adore chocolate...

Third: I believe anything can be better with chocolate or frosting... or the amazing combination of the two...


Fourth: I 'big squishy lovey-dovey' heart cupcakes...


....these life-long loves have always lead to the life-long dream of having my own specialty bakery. I devote a lot of spare time to dreaming up confectionery concoctions.... pouring over recipes and food magazines.... experimenting with said recipes and dreamt concoctions....reading others blogs... and of course eating as many sweets as possible all under the purpose of "market research" .....


.....I even watch the Food Network in the gym.

No joke.

So, since I am very much in a baking mood today and wish I was home in my kitchen, window open, baking to my hearts content & not in my office in pantyhose (Boo!) ~~~ here are a few pictures of confections I have made.... and inspiration from others!

~~~~~~


{Brain cupcakes ... they had little labels with name like "Mr. Brainiac, Sir Thinks-a-lot, Ms. Intelligence, etc.}

{Cupcakes I made for a friends Baby Shower}


{Halloween cupcake: "Bitten" Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake cupcakes}


{Still haven't decided how to frost these cuties....}




And now inspiration from others:




I'm on this like you wouldn't believe people. Seriously.
{FYI: Bakerella is a queen. Not only is the photography amazing, she is beyond creative. Whole 'nother playing field here people.}


Flickr star Cakes by Destini.... click the wedding button on the right of her Flickr page and admire the wedding shower cupcakes (Sorry I couldn't get pictures!) Motivates me to practice with fondant more!



Sigggghhhhh.


I should work now and quit drooling over my keyboard I suppose...


post signature

P.S. This post has been added to Hooked on Houses' Hooked on Fridays!

14 comments:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Yummmmmmm to all of them!!!

Things That Inspire said...

I wish I had an hour to drool over your blog....but I am hopping on a plane this afternoon (spring break) and still have packing to do! Can't wait to check it out when I have more time. I see the title of your next post peeking out at me = creamy chicken lasagne - looks very promising (and the brain cupcakes are adorable!).

Taya @ Delightful! said...

Oh my! You have some serious talent! And now I want a cupcake...

DesignTies said...

Yummy!!!! :-) I'll take a cupcake over a potato chip any day!!!!

Your brain cupcakes are fun & creative :-)

What about just dusting your "cuties" with powdered sugar so you don't cover up their fun shapes??

Does that cake actually have 14 layers?! Actually, I just counted -- yes, it does!! Wow!! :-D

Kelly @ DesignTies

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Kristen, ~WOW~
You are an amazing cook!

The brain cupcakes are hilarious and look just like well...a brain. LOL!

Thank you for visiting my blog today and your kindness.
You're always welcome!
~Melissa :)

newlyweds said...

Your so talented! I love all your cupcake designs, the brains are hilarious, and love the "bitten" cupcakes, totally Twilight theme!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness I could stay here forever... yummmmmyyy...
hugs ~lynne~

Sherry said...

YUM! It is too close to dinnertime and I want to lick the screen. LOL!

Linda said...

Love all those cute cupcakes, and so do my grandies! That creamy chicken lasagna also sounds fabulous - I love any kind of lasagna! Linda

Cass said...

Yummmmmmmmmm.... and yum again.
Lovely, lovely little cakes.

Thanks...now I am hungry.
Cass

Jennifer said...

I think I gained 5 lbs just reading your post! You have a talent for this.

jerseygirl211 said...

Great cupcake post, I guess I don't think to make them often enough, but my grandkids would love them. Thanks for sharing.

'D'

Bo said...

Hi Kristen...You are an artist with your food creations...I'm really good at eating them...LOL!
Thanks for your visit to my blog! ;-) Bo

Destini said...

First of all I love your blog. Thanks fo the mention. I would have emailed you the pictures so you coul've used which ever ones you wanted.

Would you mind if I add you to my blog roll?