March 4, 2009

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

I tried this recipe on my Girls Bible Study last night - it seemed to go over fairly well and I think with some more cream and more cheese (I added the extra into the recipe below:) ) it would be a wonderful comfort food!




Creamy Chicken Lasagna




  • 2 Chicken Breasts (I had marinated them over night with Italian Dressing)
  • 1 jar Alfredo Sauce (or 3 cups homemade)
  • 1 cup Cottage cheese
  • 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • Approx. 1/2 cup finely diced mushroom
  • 1/2 Green bell pepper, finely diced
  • Handful fresh spinach; fine chop
  • 1/8 cup minced onion
  • 1 clove garlic; minced
  • Ricotta Cheese; optional
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • Lasagna Noodles
  • Milk
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Kindly ask the hubs or nearest responsible individual to grill Chicken Breasts. Once thoroughly cooked let cool slightly, then shred.
  2. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup mozzarella, cottage cheese, Ricotta cheese, {I added 1/4 cup Ricotta - it was hanging lonely in the fridge so I finished the container. If I'd had more - I'd have added more!}, Alfredo sauce {Keep the jar!}, garlic, onion, mushroom, spinach, bell pepper, pepper and chili powder. Add shredded chicken. Mix well.
  3. In a 9 x 13 casserole dish begin layering the chicken filling (spread 1/3 cup over the bottom of the pan first) and lasagna noodles. I used the Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles. Finish layering with chicken filling on the top. Fill the Alfredo sauce jar with milk; replace lid and shake carefully. This will remove all those extra bits of sauce from the jar. Pour over the lasagna; cover with remaining shredded cheese.
  4. Cover with aluminum foil. {Tip: lightly spray foil with non-stick cooking spray to keep the cheese from coming off with the foil later!} Bake for approx. 45 minutes until noodles are soft and cheese is completely melted.




I served the Lasagna with Dilled Copper Pennies and a tossed salad....



Dilled Copper Pennies


  • Baby carrots
  • 3 Tb. Margarine or butter
  • 2 tsp Dried dill
  • 3 Tb. Brown sugar

  1. Melt butter in a medium size sauce pan. Meanwhile, slice baby carrots into rounds. {I had 2 cups of rounds.} Add to butter and sprinkle with dill and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook until carrots are soft.

These recipes are linked in Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Kitchen Tip Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Blissfully Domestic, and Food Friday.

Tasty Tuesday Button


post signature




21 comments:

anothernewseason said...

Thanks for the great recipe - It's funny, I also swish some milk or water in the alfredo jar to get every last bit out! We don't want to waste any yummy alfredo! I'll have to try this recipe soon! I love the name for your carrot side dish too :) If only my hubby loved carrots like I do!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

This looks wonderful! I love the way you made the carrots! Yum!
Thanks for sharing your recipes!
-Kim

JudyBug said...

I love copper pennies but I've never tried them with dill. I'll have to try that!

JudyBug

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

I love chicken lasagna. I printed out a new recipe for it a few weeks ago. I really need to get around to trying it.

Susan said...

Chicken lasagna sounds delicious! I might have to try it soon!

Susan

Gollum said...

Mouthwatering! I love your "grill handy" man. I have grill phobic guys in my house, and they drive me batty. LOL The chicken dish looks so good! I'm sure the marinating adds an extra dimension of flavor. Delicious!

carolinajewel said...

Great recipes! I love glazed carrots but have never had them with dill! :D Jewel

Candy said...

Looks like another great recipe to copy and paste. This Foodie stuff is dangerous! Would be great if we could have a huge pot luck tasting luncheon.
Too Yummy! Candy

Shelia said...

I'm going to have to try this. It looks delicious!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

santamaker said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. It looks great!

Melissa Miller said...

Very yummy sounding lasagne recipe!
Interesting idea with the chii powder being added.
I have not heard of it before and I'll bet it's all delicious.

Thank you for sharing.
~Melissa :)

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

This sounds like a recipe to try- so many interesting ingredients in this from the cottage cheese, spinach and then the chili powder-

Thanks for bringing your enchiladas !

blessings,
mary

xinex said...

I love lasagna but never made it b/c I thought it would be too hard. And I love alfredo sauce so this will taste even better and I think I can follow the recipe. Thanks...Christine

Happy To Be said...

this sounds and looks just wonderful girl..thanks for sharing..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

Yum...I just copied and pasted this recipe to try...and can you believe that I was trying to find a recipe for "Copper Pennies" yesterday...I think my recipe is very different though and it made a ton...

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your recipe sounds yummy. I'm sure the girls enjoyed them.. my family loves lasagna..I'll have to add copper pennies into the mix...hugs ~lynne~

bj said...

It all sounds just delicious...thanks for sharing..isn;t this so so fun!!

Chandy said...

Yummy food for today! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Happy FF!

Laura said...

Oh yum! I've got this one bookmarked. Thanks so much!!

Laura

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Looks delicious...Love it! Will try it!

imjacobsmom said...

This sounds so good. I am adding this recipe to my file. ~ Robyn