February 15, 2009

Pancakes, Meatloaf and Valentine's Day...

Valentine's Day was beautifully low-key this year...

After sleeping in, we began the day with heart shaped pancakes...

Also, I made individual Meatloaves (or is it Meatloafs, meatloaf's...?) which I have been craving for a while now. This recipe is a combination of my friend's meatloaf and how I remember my Grandma making it.

Individual Meatloaf

  • 1 lb. Ground Beef (use low-fat; 92/8 is what I used)
  • 2 slices bread, torn into little pieces
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup spinach, torn or chopped into small pieces
  • 1/4 Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 Tb. finely minced onion
  • 2 Garlic cloves, minced
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp celery salt
  1. Combine well - best if mushed together with your hands! Then roll into 8 balls, roughly 1/3-1/2 cup each and place in a lightly greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
  2. Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup ketchup; spread over tops of meatloaves; Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Make sure they are thoroughly cooked.


{Option: Once cool, I individually wrapped each loaf and put in the freezer for future dinners, or to pack in my lunches. I thought they would be perfect with a small salad or veggies while at work-better than a plain sandwich!}

I quilted, lounged around, we watched movies and ate Crockpot Hot Fudge Cake (I'll post the recipe soon!) with ice cream - it was a fabulously relaxing day! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend!

**I'm still working on my menu plan for the week... I'm trying to plan as many items as possible with what we already have on hand; the creative juices are flowing a little slow, but I will have it wrapped up and posted soon!**


post signature

2 comments:

Brooke said...

i wanted to make meatloaf yesterday (more time to work with it since i was off) but it just didn't happen.

have you ever made up the mixture before hand?

TheRoosterChick said...

Never thought to prepare meatloaf in a muffin pan... genious! My gang would love this!