February 2, 2009

Movie Monday

Another Meg Ryan movie I know....

...but who doesn't love When Harry Met Sally, a wonderful romantic comedy about men, women, friendships and relationships starring not only Meg Ryan, but Billy Crystal and Carrie Fisher. And also perhaps, one of the most famous movie scenes and lines- "I'll have what she's having." The infamous "fake" scene takes place in Katz's Deli in New York City.

Founded in 1888, Katz's Delicatessen is legendary for it's sandwiches, BBQ and salami. The website is wonderful with history, facts, appetizing menu and an impressive list of famous clientele. Close to the top of my list: "Place to visit in NYC."

But until I'm able to visit - I think planning a movie night with dinner of Pastrami sandwiches, fries, and a piece of pie, {"heated with ice cream on the side, preferably strawberry, if not strawberry then whipped cream. But only if it is real whipped cream, if it's out of the can then nothing. Just the heated pie.,"} will suffice!



post signature

2 comments:

newlyweds said...

Oh I love this movie, and how fun it would be to visit. I will have want she's having, lol!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love to visit cool places like that! Great post!