February 16, 2009

Menu - Week of Feb. 15th


Here is the menu for this week (finally!)... some items are repeats from last week. Had some unexpected events on a few evenings, so I didn't completely stick with last weeks plan, but I still feel more prepared & I will be honest- I spent considerable less at the store for this week!



  • Sunday: Grilled steaks, asparagus, mashed potatoes (DH cooked - it was so wonderful!)

  • Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs

  • Tuesday: Girls Bible Study - Quiche Lorraine, Salad, Fresh Fruit

  • Wednesday: Tilapia with Corn

  • Thursday: Grilled Chicken and Broccoli

  • Friday: Crock pot Pinto Beans, Cornbread

  • Saturday: A lot going on this day.... unsure.....

  • Lunches: Meatloaf; Hummus wraps, PB&J, Chili

  • Breakfasts: Breakfast Burritos, Blueberry Muffins, Yogurt, Granola


I am really focusing on what we have in the pantry and freezer. The pantry is so cluttered - which is a blessing - but I want to sift through everything, use the current supplies, and work on a more efficient, well-planned kitchen and menu. I think this will make grocery shopping more cost efficient as well (plus I am clipping coupons & shopping sales.) I'll keep you updated on how it goes ;)


post signature

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i know what you mean about a cluttered pantry - i've made myself use out of ours this month - so far only spending $20 on groceries for the month.