February 4, 2009

Menu Planning - Feb 8th

First, I want to share a wonderful, inspiring site: I'm An Organizing Junkie. While perusing this site, I discovered Menu Planning Monday with hundreds of links to other bloggers' menu plans - it was a purely blissful experience.... and inspirational. I love menu planning, recipe scanning, occasionally the grocery shopping - so I'm taking the challenge! I'm combining it with The Happy Housewife's Hot Breakfast Challenge. I'll do my best to link recipes or post pictures and directions after I've made the dish. Here goes......

Saturday/Sunday:

  • Make & freeze breakfast burritos for the week
  • FiberOne bars, fruit, yogurts

Monday:

  • Grilled chicken breasts, 2 fresh vegetables

Tuesday: (Girls Bible Study)*

  • Undecided about dinner!
  • Make your own Ice Cream Sundae bar!

Wednesday:

Thursday:

  • Crock pot pinto beans, cornbread

Friday:

  • Chicken Piccata

Saturday: (Valentine's Day!)

  • Breakfast: Heart shaped french toast
  • Lunch: ?
  • Dinner: Dining out with DH (Dear Husband)
Back-Up Options: Creamy Tomato Soup with Garlic Bread, Spaghetti, or French Onion Soup (Crockpot)

*On Tuesday nights, I lead a Girls Bible study in my home. I always provide dinner for that night - between everyone that comes, there are quite a few food allergies or aversions which can make planning challenging... We are studying Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs, which I highly recommend. The Bad Girls of the Bible series is wonderful.

Okay, first week = PLANNED I'm excited & can't wait to start!

post signature

1 comment:

Simply Sara said...

Awww, your heart shaped french toast is such a sweet idea :)
Hope you have a nice dinner out too!

Thanks for the sharing which bible study you are using. I'll definitely have to check it out for our church!