February 11, 2009

Hot Breakfast Challenge: Breakfast Burritos

The Happy Housewife has organized a Hot Breakfast Challenge... which I think is brilliant. I am working on developing (and sticking to) weekly menu plans and thought incorporating the Breakfast Challenge would be really helpful. So, my first run was with Breakfast Burritos.


Breakfast Burritos

  • 1 lb. Ground Turkey
  • 6 Egg Whites
  • 2 Whole Eggs
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 Green Bell Pepper
  • 1/3 cup Diced Onion
  • 1 Tb. Taco Seasoning
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 dozen Tortilla Shells; 8-10 inches.
  1. Brown turkey; drain any excess oil and set aside. Saute bell pepper and onions until soft. Add eggs and scramble. Add spices and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
  2. Scoop about 1/3 cup filling into the middle of a tortilla shell - fold shell in half. Fold in/over each side, then roll up. Wrap securely in aluminium foil. Repeat for remaining shells and filling. Freeze.

  3. To reheat: Remove from foil. Wrap in paper towel or a napkin and microwave for 1 minute; or until warm throughout.


Pretty little packages!


Tagged in Tasty Tuesday's , Kitchen Tip Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday,and Tightwad Tuesday

post signature

13 comments:

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love breakfast burritos! Maybe you can link this to Tasty Tuesday this week? Love to have it!

Congrats on winning the ring giveaway!

-Kim

Brenda said...

Great idea to wrap them in foil packages. Looks great!

newlyweds said...

Yum, we love breakfast burritos also!

Lynn said...

What a brilliant idea, to make breakfast burritos to freeze! I'll have to remember to try this. I'll bet it's a great feeling to pull one out on a busy, hungry morning :)

Brooke said...

i think we're going to have this for dinner tonight! :)

Jerralea said...

I love breakfast burritos -- thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

I would love to have those in my freezer. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Alisa said...

Those look tasty! Thanks for sharing...I will definitely make these.

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

These sound good!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I'm so happy you could join us with your breakfast burritos! Thanks!
-Kim

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds great.

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Me said...

These sound soooooooooooooo YUMMY. Thank you for the tip !

I hope you visit often to Tightwad Tuesdays.

Blessings,
In Him<><
-Mary

Sarah, The New Girl said...

Breakfast burritos are the best!! On particularly lazy Saturdays, my boyfriend and I will add in some chopped up potatoes... baking a couple hashbrowns and squishing them in there works too! Sounds weird, but it's really good!

Saw your blog on foreverwherever-- you've got some great recipes!!