February 3, 2009

Goals for 2009

I know it is officially February, but I thought it would help to have my goals written, published and shared. Makes me feel more accountable; the goals are more real. So here goes... I would add a section about trips this year, but several places are still up in the air.

[Gray = completed or 'doing good so far!']

Spiritual Goals:
* Pray everyday
* Girls Bible Study
* Find a church!

Books to Read:
* John Adams – David McCullough
* ‘Tis Herself – Maureen O’Hara
* My Life in France – Julia Child
* The Fiery Cross – Diana Gabaldon
* P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern
* Revolutionary Road – Richard Yates
* The Time Travelers Wife – Audrey Niffenegger

{I am participating in a reading challenge this year through www.thenest.com; 25 books in 2009. I've already read 9, so I think I will shoot for 50 books this year. The list above is my upcoming 'to reads' - I will update this as the year progresses.}

Financial:
* SAVE!
* Eat out once a week (individually)
* Only spend $35 a week on dining out (this may seem like a lot, but it is a drastic cut back, guarantee you)
* Put more effort into menu planning, eating at home and packing lunches

Home:
* Master bedroom: Put up wall hangings, purchase new curtains, replace dresser, fix duvet cover
* Kitchen: Finish decorating above kitchen cabinets, frame & hanging bistro pictures, re-organize cabinets
* Guest Bedroom: Set up better filing system, put up wall hangings, curtains, organize storage areas

Personal:
* Loose 20 pounds
* Exercise 4-5 days a week
* Switch to decaf coffee
* Up my fruit and veggie intake

Work:
* Go to national conference; present workshop
* Finish decorating office
* Work on my teaching skills!!

What are your goals for 2009? I'd love to hear about others resolutions!

post signature

2 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Great goals and kudos for cutting back on dining out. That can really break the budget!
Toni

newlyweds said...

Those are some great goals, wow 50 books a year!!! Did you read the twilight series? I am on book 3, they are so much fun.